-   -   Flash for F-15 - (http://www.linux-archive.org/fedora-user/559042-flash-f-15-a.html)

Bob Goodwin 07-31-2011 03:03 PM

Flash for F-15 -

I have a new installation of F-15 and have been messing around here
for an hour but can't seem to install Flash. I need it to download
some crossword puzzles I work every day.

Can someone point me to installation instructions that will work?

Bob

panicloop 07-31-2011 03:13 PM

Flash for F-15 -

Is your F-15 is 64bit?
If so, you can installed the flash on your with following.

# mkdir temp_flash
# cd temp_flash
# wget
http://download.macromedia.com/pub/labs/flashplatformruntimes/flashplayer11/flashplayer11_b1_install_lin_64_071311.tar.gz
# tar xzvf flashplayer11_b1_install_lin_64_071311.tar.gz
# cp -ip libflashplayer.so /usr/lib64/mozilla/plugins
# chown root:root /usr/lib64/mozilla/plugins/libflashplayer.so

Andras Simon 07-31-2011 03:19 PM

Flash for F-15 -

2011/7/31, Bob Goodwin <bobgoodwin@wildblue.net>:

> I have a new installation of F-15 and have been messing around here
> for an hour but can't seem to install Flash. I need it to download
> some crossword puzzles I work every day.
>
> Can someone point me to installation instructions that will work?

http://www.mjmwired.net/resources/mjm-fedora-f15.html#flash

Andras

Reindl Harald 07-31-2011 03:38 PM

Flash for F-15 -

for x86_64 is a repo available

[root@srv-rhsoft:~]$ cat /etc/yum.repos.d/flash64.repo
[flash64]
name=flash64
baseurl=http://www.linux-ati-drivers.homecall.co.uk/flashplayer.x86_64
enabled=1
gpgcheck=1
gpgkey=http://www.linux-ati-drivers.homecall.co.uk/flashplayer.x86_64/RPM-GPG-KEY-leigh123linux

Bob Goodwin 07-31-2011 03:40 PM

Flash for F-15 -

On 31/07/11 11:13, panicloop wrote:
> Is your F-15 is 64bit?
> If so, you can installed the flash on your with following.
>
> # mkdir temp_flash
> # cd temp_flash
> # wget
> http://download.macromedia.com/pub/labs/flashplatformruntimes/flashplayer11/flashplayer11_b1_install_lin_64_071311.tar.gz
> # tar xzvf flashplayer11_b1_install_lin_64_071311.tar.gz
> # cp -ip libflashplayer.so /usr/lib64/mozilla/plugins
> # chown root:root /usr/lib64/mozilla/plugins/libflashplayer.so

Ok, that worked without a hitch once I typed everything
correctly! I will save your instruction for next time.

Thank you,

Bob

nomnex 07-31-2011 10:40 PM

Flash for F-15 -

On Sun, 31 Jul 2011 11:03:43 -0400
Bob Goodwin <bobgoodwin@wildblue.net> wrote:

> Can someone point me to installation instructions that will work?

you can also search the fedora wiki
http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Flash

--
nomnex.
Registered Linux user #505281. Be counted at: http://counter.li.org/

Pete Travis 08-01-2011 05:43 AM

Flash for F-15 -

Just out of curiosity, are there any security/vulnerability issues presented by a root owned flash library?

On Jul 31, 2011 9:13 AM, "panicloop" <panicloop@gmail.com> wrote:> Is your F-15 is 64bit?

Roberto Ragusa 08-11-2011 09:07 AM

Flash for F-15 -

On 08/01/2011 07:43 AM, Pete Travis wrote:
> Just out of curiosity, are there any security/vulnerability issues presented by a root owned flash library?

The important part is the user which runs the library, not the owner of the file.
Almost all the files in /usr/bin or /usr/lib are root owned (that is, root placed
them there), but they are run by generic users.

You are probably referring to the alternative installation method of
copying the library in the plugins directory of the browser in the user home dir.
That would be a user-only installation, while the first one is a system-wide
installation. No security issue (unless, for example, you would like to avoid
having flash present in the browser of the root user).

Roberto Ragusa mail at robertoragusa.it