-   -   F14 hangs at the last second of shutting down (http://www.linux-archive.org/fedora-user/558243-f14-hangs-last-second-shutting-down.html)

Cricket Long 07-29-2011 03:56 AM

F14 hangs at the last second of shutting down

My F14 could not shutdown completely. I use command 'halt' in terminal to shutdown my F14, then a list a info would be listed on the screen, after "System halted" my machine hangs and leaves the info listed on the screen, no key works, I could only press the power key for a while to force it to shutdown. It is quit inconvenient though no damage to my data.

Any help would be appreciated!--
users mailing list
users@lists.fedoraproject.org

Marcos Luis Ortiz Valmaseda 07-29-2011 04:42 AM

F14 hangs at the last second of shutting down

Can you provide more information about your system?
- Hardware
- What tells you dmesg or /var/log/messages when you try to halt your machine?
- What desktop environment are you using?
Regards

2011/7/28, Cricket Long <cricketlong@yahoo.com.cn>:
> My F14 could not shutdown completely. I use command 'halt' in terminal to
> shutdown my F14, then a list a info would be listed on the screen, after
> "System halted" my machine hangs and leaves the info listed on the screen,
> no key works, I could only press the power key for a while to force it to
> shutdown. It is quit inconvenient though no damage to my data.
>
> Any help would be appreciated!

Marcos Luis OrtÝz Valmaseda
Software Engineer (UCI)
Linux User # 418229