Old 07-28-2011, 10:10 AM
John Horne

Default F15: firefox reload button - grey or green?

Hello,

I recently upgraded (via fresh installs) both my home PC and work PC to
Fedora 15. No problems generally, but one odd thing I noticed.

In firefox the reload button is a green colour at work, but grey at
home. Not 'greyed-out' as the 'stop' button is, but just a grey in
colour. I assumed this was just some sort of theme difference, but
looking through a sorted list of the installed rpms from the work and
home PCs I really cannot see what might be causing this. Customizing the
firefox toolbar makes no difference (I can add/remove things but not
change their colour). If I click on the button the current web page
reloads, but the button itself does not change at all on either PC.
(Unlike the 'stop' button which turns red whilst the page reloads, and
then becomes greyed-out when it has finished.)

Anyone any ideas? As said, it's not a hindrance or am that bothered by
it, I'm more just curious as to why it has happened at all.

Thanks,

John.

--
John Horne, University of Plymouth, UK
Tel: +44 (0)1752 587287 Fax: +44 (0)1752 587001

Old 07-28-2011, 08:20 PM
Steve Searle

Around 11:10am on Thursday, July 28, 2011 (UK time), John Horne scrawled:

> In firefox the reload button is a green colour at work, but grey at
> home. Not 'greyed-out' as the 'stop' button is, but just a grey in
> colour. I assumed this was just some sort of theme difference, but
> looking through a sorted list of the installed rpms from the work and
> home PCs I really cannot see what might be causing this. Customizing the
> firefox toolbar makes no difference (I can add/remove things but not
> change their colour). If I click on the button the current web page
> reloads, but the button itself does not change at all on either PC.
> (Unlike the 'stop' button which turns red whilst the page reloads, and
> then becomes greyed-out when it has finished.)

Mine is grey also, although when I click on it it changes (briefly) into
a red cross while the page is refreshed.

Steve

--

Website: www.stevesearle.com
Twitter: @ReddishShift

21:19:11 up 8 days, 8:14, 3 users, load average: 0.08, 0.03, 0.01

Old 07-28-2011, 09:39 PM
John Horne

On Thu, 2011-07-28 at 21:20 +0100, Steve Searle wrote:
> Around 11:10am on Thursday, July 28, 2011 (UK time), John Horne scrawled:
>
> > In firefox the reload button is a green colour at work, but grey at
> > home. Not 'greyed-out' as the 'stop' button is, but just a grey in
> > colour. I assumed this was just some sort of theme difference, but
> > looking through a sorted list of the installed rpms from the work and
> > home PCs I really cannot see what might be causing this. Customizing the
> > firefox toolbar makes no difference (I can add/remove things but not
> > change their colour). If I click on the button the current web page
> > reloads, but the button itself does not change at all on either PC.
> > (Unlike the 'stop' button which turns red whilst the page reloads, and
> > then becomes greyed-out when it has finished.)
>
> Mine is grey also, although when I click on it it changes (briefly) into
> a red cross while the page is refreshed.

Yes with the default toolbar, if I remember correctly, the reload button
turns into a 'stop' button temporarily while the page is reloading. In
my case I have customised the toolbar simply to separate the buttons out
a bit. I also use 'icons and text'. However I did this with both PCs,
so, again, the reload button should be the same for both.

John.

Old 07-29-2011, 08:27 PM
John Horne

On Thu, 2011-07-28 at 11:10 +0100, John Horne wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I recently upgraded (via fresh installs) both my home PC and work PC to
> Fedora 15. No problems generally, but one odd thing I noticed.
>
> In firefox the reload button is a green colour at work, but grey at
> home. Not 'greyed-out' as the 'stop' button is, but just a grey in
> colour. I assumed this was just some sort of theme difference, but
> looking through a sorted list of the installed rpms from the work and
> home PCs I really cannot see what might be causing this. Customizing the
> firefox toolbar makes no difference (I can add/remove things but not
> change their colour). If I click on the button the current web page
> reloads, but the button itself does not change at all on either PC.
> (Unlike the 'stop' button which turns red whilst the page reloads, and
> then becomes greyed-out when it has finished.)
>
> Anyone any ideas? As said, it's not a hindrance or am that bothered by
> it, I'm more just curious as to why it has happened at all.

Okay, I have this sorted out now.

The green reload button is an icon in the oxygen-icon-theme package.
Konqueror uses the same icons it seems.

Both PCs have the package installed. However on the work PC I must have
told the desktop to use the Oxygen theme (probably when I did it it set
something in my home directory and that was copied across when I
upgraded to F15). On my home PC I went into the KDE menu System settings
-> Application appearance -> Icons -> Oxygen icon theme.

Once I had done that firefox showed the green reload button.

John.