-   -   Problem with extensions in thunderbird-5.0 (http://www.linux-archive.org/fedora-user/557590-problem-extensions-thunderbird-5-0-a.html)

Joachim Backes 07-27-2011 02:07 PM

Problem with extensions in thunderbird-5.0

Hi all,

I'm running F15 with thunderbird-5.0, and I'm having problems to install
a thunderbird extension file (suffix: xpi) by the TB extension manager:
if trying "tools->add-ons->extensions", there is no button for
installing a xpi file.

It seems I'm doing something wrong.

All comments are welcome.

Kind regards

http://www.rhrk.uni-kl.de/~backes

Michael Cronenworth 07-27-2011 02:14 PM

Joachim Backes wrote:
> I'm running F15 with thunderbird-5.0, and I'm having problems to install
> a thunderbird extension file (suffix: xpi) by the TB extension manager:
> if trying "tools->add-ons->extensions", there is no button for
> installing a xpi file.

On the add-ons page, you have to click on the tool button that is next
to the search box at the top. There is a "Install Add-on From File..."
option.

Joachim Backes 07-27-2011 02:31 PM

On 07/27/2011 04:14 PM, Michael Cronenworth wrote:
> Joachim Backes wrote:
>> I'm running F15 with thunderbird-5.0, and I'm having problems to install
>> a thunderbird extension file (suffix: xpi) by the TB extension manager:
>> if trying "tools->add-ons->extensions", there is no button for
>> installing a xpi file.
>
> On the add-ons page, you have to click on the tool button that is next
> to the search box at the top. There is a "Install Add-on From File..."
> option.

Thank you. It does what I'm looking for.

http://www.rhrk.uni-kl.de/~backes