Old 02-14-2008, 07:22 PM
Benoit Tremblay

Default memory reported under linux higher that allocated

Hi,

*

I have 4 gig of RAM and when I allocate 3 gig the <top> utilities*show that my application is using 87% of the available RAM, so it's a half a gig more, why? The application is not doing any disk access. I just do a malloc and a free at exit.

*

Benoit