Old 07-27-2011, 03:23 AM
Benedict S

Default some questions about apache and tomcat

Hello,everybody.

There is no packages about*mod_jk-ap20 in our fedora rpm packages.How can I connect apache with tomcat,using*http_proxy ,ajp_proxy or something else?Which method is the best way to use it?

When i start tomcat6 with command "service tomcat6 start " or "run_init service tomcat6 start" ,the tomcat6 was running under the context of "system_u:system_r:unconfined_java_t" and the web's applications can't run successfully. I found there is no module about tomcat *and neither in refpolicy-2.20101213.Should I write some policy for tomcat6 or there is something wrong with my method.

Thank you very much.

Old 07-27-2011, 08:05 AM
Miroslav Grepl

There is no packages about*mod_jk-ap20 in our fedora rpm
packages.How can I connect apache with tomcat,using*http_proxy
,ajp_proxy or something else?Which method is the
best way to use it?

When i start tomcat6 with command "service tomcat6 start " or
"run_init service tomcat6 start" ,the tomcat6 was running
under the context of "system_u:system_r:unconfined_java_t" and
the web's applications can't run successfully. I found there
is no module about tomcat *and neither in
refpolicy-2.20101213.Should I write some policy for tomcat6 or
there is something wrong with my method.

Thank you very much.

Hi, the problem is tomcat6 calls the "/usr/sbin/tomcat6" script in
the tomcat6 init script. And java executable is called in this
script. So you end up in the uncofined_java_t domain which looks ok.

What exactly doesn't work? Could you open a new bug on the
selinux-policy component and attach all AVC msgs which you are
getting?

Regards,

Miroslav