Old 02-14-2008, 07:00 PM
Henning Larsen

Default multiple librarys in Rhytmbox

Hello.

I have a lot of audio books and music, when rhytmbox start it use a long
time updating the library.

So, is it any way to run rhytmbox as different users or profiles?

Henning Larsen

Old 02-14-2008, 07:22 PM
Tim

On Thu, 2008-02-14 at 21:00 +0100, Henning Larsen wrote:
> I have a lot of audio books and music, when rhytmbox start it use a
> long time updating the library.

You can go into the preferences and stop it from looking for changes:
"Watch my library for new files"

Of course, you'll have to manually scan for changes when you add files.

important to the thread.)

I read messages from the public lists.

Old 02-15-2008, 12:05 PM
"David G. Mackay"

On Fri, 2008-02-15 at 06:52 +1030, Tim wrote:
> On Thu, 2008-02-14 at 21:00 +0100, Henning Larsen wrote:
> > I have a lot of audio books and music, when rhytmbox start it use a
> > long time updating the library.

I haven't tried a separate user. However, the database information is
in my home directory under .gnome2/rhythmbox/rhymboxdb.xml. I would
guess that a different user would have their own rhymbox database.

Dave