Old 07-26-2011, 01:34 PM
"Stephen Berg (Contractor)"

Default createrepo update?

The createrepo package that comes with Fedora 15 (0.9.9-3) is unable to
generate repos using SHA1. This has caused me to downgrade createrepo
to the Fedora 14 version (0.9.8-5) because the system hosts some local
repos for Scientific Linux 5x.

Is there anyone getting a fix in the pipeline? I found bugs 718218 &
500364 that are already reporting this issue but I can't find anything
in updates-testing to indicate there's a fix on the horizon.

--
Stephen Berg
Systems Administrator

Old 07-26-2011, 05:00 PM
Remi Collet

Le 26/07/2011 15:34, Stephen Berg (Contractor) a écrit :
> The createrepo package that comes with Fedora 15 (0.9.9-3) is unable to
> generate repos using SHA1. This has caused me to downgrade createrepo
> to the Fedora 14 version (0.9.8-5) because the system hosts some local
> repos for Scientific Linux 5x.
>
> Is there anyone getting a fix in the pipeline? I found bugs 718218 &
> 500364 that are already reporting this issue but I can't find anything
> in updates-testing to indicate there's a fix on the horizon.

1/ try the version in "rawhide" which should fix the issue

2/ try the version in my repo
http://rpms.famillecollet.com/fedora/15/remi/i386/repoview/createrepo.html

This is the version I use for the "remi" repo (which include EL-5).

Remi.

Old 07-26-2011, 06:10 PM
"Stephen Berg (Contractor)"

On 07/26/2011 12:00 PM, Remi Collet wrote:

> 1/ try the version in "rawhide" which should fix the issue
>
> 2/ try the version in my repo
> http://rpms.famillecollet.com/fedora/15/remi/i386/repoview/createrepo.html
>
> This is the version I use for the "remi" repo (which include EL-5).

I ended up hand modifying the two files that control the behavior
according to a patch I found on http://createrepo.baseurl.org/gitweb.
The --checksum option seems to be working just fine now.