Old 02-14-2008, 06:29 PM
"Joe Tseng"

Default Any book recommendations for iptables?

I've been working on figuring out how to set up a
transparent proxy configuration using a firewall with three interfaces: the 1st
one goes to the Internet, the 2nd one goes to my network, and the 3rd is for a
DMZ.* My plan is to have my proxy live in the DMZ and all outbound dport 80
traffic and inbound sport 80 traffic be redirected to the proxy.* Could
anyone perhaps forward me to a decent book or URL that doesn't necessarily
wander off to other security topics?* (And no I will not use
Shorewall.)
*
Thx,
*
*- Joe

Old 02-14-2008, 06:53 PM
"Bazooka Joe"

ipcop.org

download it, install it, reverse engineer it, or just use it.

Old 02-14-2008, 08:14 PM
"Arthur Pemberton"

Just read the howto at tldp.org

( www.pembo13.com )

Old 02-14-2008, 10:17 PM
Brian Chadwick

Joe Tseng wrote:
I've been working on figuring out how to set up a transparent proxy
configuration using a firewall with three interfaces: the 1st one goes
to the Internet, the 2nd one goes to my network, and the 3rd is for a
DMZ. My plan is to have my proxy live in the DMZ and all outbound
dport 80 traffic and inbound sport 80 traffic be redirected to the
proxy. Could anyone perhaps forward me to a decent book or URL that
doesn't necessarily wander off to other security topics? (And no I
will not use Shorewall.)

Thx,

- Joe
Linux Firewalls, 3rd Edition by *Steve Suehring, Robert Ziegler
**14.9.2005 by SAMS *

ISBN: 0672327716

Old 02-15-2008, 08:18 AM
Marc Blanc