Old 07-26-2011, 03:33 AM
Genes MailLists

Default dnsmasq and bind both running

I seem to have dnsmasq running on my laptop serving dns - which is
very weird as the laptop is configured to run bind as the local DNS
server and is so put in the network config (kde network manager applet)
- so why is dnsmasq running - can it be turned off ?

Old 07-26-2011, 03:54 AM
Genes MailLists

On 07/25/2011 11:33 PM, Genes MailLists wrote:

> I seem to have dnsmasq running on my laptop serving dns - which is
> very weird as the laptop is configured to run bind as the local DNS
> server and is so put in the network config (kde network manager applet)
> - so why is dnsmasq running - can it be turned off ?

Ah - it seems to have something to do with virt - as it is listening
on 192.168.122.1 ...