Old 02-14-2008, 05:29 PM
François Patte

Default dkms and nvidia driver

Old 02-14-2008, 06:31 PM
Brian Gaynor

On Thu, 2008-02-14 at 19:29 +0100, François Patte wrote:

> some times ago I installed dkms and it used to compile automatically the
> nvidia driver everytime a new kernel was installed.
>
> I try to have the same result to day in a new install but it seems to
> not work!
>
> I installed f8.
>
> dkms and nvidia stuff from atrpms but dkms is not compiling the nvidia
> module for the latest kernel.
>
> What is missing?

Not sure if it's an option for you but I used the DKMS support and
NVidia module from freshrpms and it seems to work just fine.

- Brian

Old 02-14-2008, 08:08 PM
Axel Thimm

On Thu, Feb 14, 2008 at 07:29:35PM +0100, François Patte wrote:
> Bonjour,
>
> some times ago I installed dkms and it used to compile automatically the
> nvidia driver everytime a new kernel was installed.
>
> I try to have the same result to day in a new install but it seems to
> not work!
>
> I installed f8.
>
> dkms and nvidia stuff from atrpms but dkms is not compiling the nvidia
> module for the latest kernel.
>
> What is missing?

You are mixing up some things - ATrpms does not have dkms, so you
either use nvidia from freshrpms (which has dkms) or from ATrpms which
has no dkms.

If you use nvidia from ATrpms try

yum install yum-plugin-kmdl

and then