-   -   Sound alert in Gmail Manager firefox plugin (http://www.linux-archive.org/fedora-user/556454-sound-alert-gmail-manager-firefox-plugin.html)

Sam Varshavchik 07-24-2011 06:00 PM

Sound alert in Gmail Manager firefox plugin

The "built-in" alert sound in the Gmail Manager plugin I have installed on a
32-bit laptop produces a nice, pleasant chime anytime new mail arrives in my
mailbox.

However on a 64 bit Firefox, on another machine, the alert sound does not
play. Neither does any custom WAV option. I do not get any error messages of
any kind, just deafening silence. The only option that works, in the plugin
configuration, is the default system alert.

I have no idea if this is something that's broken in the 64 bit version of
this plugin -- seems unlikely, this plugin appears to be platform
independent; or something is borked in my 64 bit Firefox install. But I have
no idea what it could possibly be. Everything else works, and has no issues
making noise.