Old 07-22-2011, 12:34 PM
Bob Goodwin

Default Flash Video clips -

I tried sending a saved YouTube video clip as an e-mail
attachment this morning. So far two Windows users were
unable to run an ".flv" file. I figured most people would be
able to deal with that except Apple Mac perhaps.

What format do most require, Youtube offers several, or at
least the Firefox add-on does? I didn't see a ".wmv" listed.

Bob

Old 07-22-2011, 12:39 PM
Reindl Harald

Am 22.07.2011 14:34, schrieb Bob Goodwin:

> I tried sending a saved YouTube video clip as an e-mail
> attachment this morning. So far two Windows users were
> unable to run an ".flv" file. I figured most people would be
> able to deal with that except Apple Mac perhaps.
>
> What format do most require, Youtube offers several, or at
> least the Firefox add-on does? I didn't see a ".wmv" listed.

no way to use any format all machines can play
linux with nonfree-repos (VLC, ffmpeg) seems to be the only
system which can play nearly all video-formats

H264/MP4 should be a godd choice in 2011, but WinXP is too
dumb to play it out of theb ox without quicktime installed

apple perfers H264 but FLV only with VLC

Old 07-22-2011, 12:49 PM
Fernando Cassia