-   -   convert virtualbox .ova to kvm/qemu qcow2 (http://www.linux-archive.org/fedora-user/555628-convert-virtualbox-ova-kvm-qemu-qcow2.html)

Neal Becker 07-22-2011 11:45 AM

convert virtualbox .ova to kvm/qemu qcow2

I exported an xp appliance from vb to .ova. Then I did

qemu-img convert xp.ova -O qcow2 xp-disk1.img

no complaints.

But trying to boot it in qemu/kvm, I get 'not a bootable disk'.

Any ideas?

Fernando Cassia 07-22-2011 03:00 PM

On Fri, Jul 22, 2011 at 08:45, Neal Becker <ndbecker2@gmail.com> wrote:
> I exported an xp appliance from vb to .ova. *Then I did
>
> qemu-img convert xp.ova *-O qcow2 xp-disk1.img
>
> no complaints.
>
> But trying to boot it in qemu/kvm, I get 'not a bootable disk'.
>
> Any ideas?

Neal... OVF is a "packaged appliance" including much more than the disk image.

What you need to use as source is a VDI disk image, in any case.

Just my $0.02
FC