Old 08-04-2011, 11:59 PM

Default Living with Systemd

> On 8/3/11, Arthur Dent <misc.lists@blueyonder.co.uk> wrote:
>> Wow! really useful advice! Thank You.
>> As Hiisi
says - Tip of the Day and I also agree that syslog+console

should be the default.

> Unfortunately, systemd's
parallelization of service startup make
> output on the console
extremely ugly during boot, because several
> different commands
would output to the screen at the same time and be
> all mixed
together.

Isn't it possible for you to tell if you were
started from a console and output to it if so?* I seem to remember
writing a script one time that needed to do that (i.e. output information
if called from the command line but be silent when called from cron).

dangerous content by
MailScanner, and is

believed to be clean.