Old 02-14-2008, 02:38 PM
Todd Denniston

Default Printer drivers?

Jeffrey Ross wrote, On 02/14/2008 10:24 AM:
As of right now Kodak's new line of printers (easyshare 5100, 5300, &
5500) are not supported under Linux, either by Kodak or a third party.

I've posed the question to Kodak and they wrote back "Unfortunately we
have no plans of making the printers compatible with Linux."

Its a shame as they have seem to hit on a reasonable printer, the
purchase price is a little higher but the ink costs are dramatically
lower. I admit some of the other printers make better photo prints but
for the cost I don't think you can beat it.

I have searched but have come up empty handed so far but does anybody
know of a project someplace out there to write drivers to support the
printer in Linux? If so where, I'd be interested in checking it out.

Thanks, Jeff

I can't say that they have support or will, but AFAIK these are the folks who
can help (or help you help you) if Kodak does not want to.

http://gimp-print.sourceforge.net/

Todd Denniston