Old 07-20-2011, 09:38 PM
Dan Track

Default TCP Reno Recovery meaning

Hi,

I've got the following fields in netstat -a:

TCPRenoRecovery: 28
TCPForwardRetrans: 378
TCPRenoRecoveryFail: 45

I'm ondering what the numbers mean, what does a count mean for each. I
understand what each item represents but struggling to understand what
the numbers mean, can someone help?

Thanks
Dan

Old 07-21-2011, 05:40 AM
agraham

On 07/20/2011 10:38 PM, Dan Track wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I've got the following fields in netstat -a:
>
> TCPRenoRecovery: 28
> TCPForwardRetrans: 378
> TCPRenoRecoveryFail: 45
>
> I'm ondering what the numbers mean, what does a count mean for each. I
> understand what each item represents but struggling to understand what
> the numbers mean, can someone help?
>
> Thanks
> Dan

Would you like me to Yahoo that for you!

Old 07-25-2011, 07:33 PM
Dan Track

On Thu, Jul 21, 2011 at 6:40 AM, agraham <agraham@g-b.net> wrote:
> On 07/20/2011 10:38 PM, Dan Track wrote:
>>
>> Hi,
>>
>> I've got the following fields in netstat -a:
>>
>> TCPRenoRecovery: 28
>> TCPForwardRetrans: 378
>> TCPRenoRecoveryFail: 45
>>
>> I'm ondering what the numbers mean, what does a count mean for each. I
>> understand what each item represents but struggling to understand what
>> the numbers mean, can someone help?
>>
>> Thanks
>> Dan
>
> Would you like me to Yahoo that for you!

If that helps then yes.

Perhaps I need to be clearer, am I right in understanding these
enteries refer to the number of times the processes have been invoked,
for e.g. the number of times TCPRenoRecovery has been invoked?

Dan

Old 07-25-2011, 07:33 PM
Dan Track