Old 07-18-2011, 08:28 PM
Michael Hennebry

Default How do I "unforward" mail, was How do I point a mail client at Microsoft outlook?

On Sat, 18 Jun 2011, Damian Kohlfeld wrote:

> Use the following fetchmail configuration as a template. Replace all
> USERNAME with your unix user account name, all PASSWORD with the password
> for that IMAP account, all IMAPUSER with the IMAP username, all MAILHOST
> with the IMAP serverhostname and finally all MBOXPATH your mbox (absolute)
> filenames.

Thanks, but see below.

> --- BEGIN CONFIG ---
>
> set postmaster "USERNAME"
> set bouncemail
> set no spambounce
> set softbounce
> set properties ""
> set no showdots
>
> poll MAILHOST with proto IMAP
> user 'IMAPUSER' there with password 'PASSWORD' is 'USERNAME' here
> options keep fetchall ssl mda "formail -c >> /MBOXPATH/inbox"
> folder INBOX
>
> poll MAILHOST with proto IMAP
> user 'IMAPUSER' there with password 'PASSWORD' is 'USERNAME' here
> options keep fetchall ssl mda "formail -c >> /MBOXPATH/sent"
> folder INBOX.Sent
>
> --- END CONFIG ---

I couldn't get it to work with exchange.
I'm told Microsoft is holding up IMAP requests.
I did get it to work with cableone.
The relevant account is a thin wrapper on gmail.
I have the mail I want, sort of.
I had to hit forward rather a lot.
So all my messages are wrapped in forwarding boilerplate.
Is there a convenient way I can unwrap them?

--
Michael hennebry@web.cs.ndsu.NoDak.edu
"Pessimist: The glass is half empty.