-   -   Fedora 15 avi to DVD disc? (http://www.linux-archive.org/fedora-user/553871-fedora-15-avi-dvd-disc.html)

Frank Murphy 07-18-2011 05:58 PM

Fedora 15 avi to DVD disc?

After doing a "yum search avi"
still havn't found an app to convert an avi to standalone DVD player.

Am running xfce so all suggestions welcome.

Frank Murphy
UTF_8 Encoded
Friend of fedoraproject.org

Digvijay Patankar 07-18-2011 06:01 PM

Fedora 15 avi to DVD disc?

On Mon, Jul 18, 2011 at 11:28 PM, Frank Murphy <frankly3d@gmail.com> wrote:

After doing a "yum search avi"

still havn't found an app to convert an avi to standalone DVD player.

Am running xfce so all suggestions welcome.

ffmpeg ?

Aioanei Rares 07-18-2011 06:04 PM

Fedora 15 avi to DVD disc?

still havn't found an app to convert an avi to standalone DVD player.

Am running xfce so all suggestions welcome.

Frank Murphy

Do you have rpmfusion enabled?

Frank Murphy 07-18-2011 06:18 PM

Fedora 15 avi to DVD disc?

On 18/07/11 19:04, Aioanei Rares wrote:
<snipped>

> Do you have rpmfusion enabled?

Have done now,

Ed Greshko 07-18-2011 08:53 PM

Fedora 15 avi to DVD disc?

On 07/19/2011 01:58 AM, Frank Murphy wrote:
> After doing a "yum search avi"
> still havn't found an app to convert an avi to standalone DVD player.
>
> Am running xfce so all suggestions welcome.

It has been a long time since I've done this and I recall having to do
it in several steps. I may still have the script I used long time
ago...and will try to find it later today.

But, in the meantime, I've recall hearing about (but never trying)
devede. It is in the rpmfusion repo.

--
Even if you do learn to speak correct English, whom are you going to
speak it to? -- Clarence Darrow

Ed Greshko 07-19-2011 12:09 AM

Fedora 15 avi to DVD disc?

On 07/19/2011 02:18 AM, Frank Murphy wrote:
> On 18/07/11 19:04, Aioanei Rares wrote:
> <snipped>
>>
>> Do you have rpmfusion enabled?
>>
> Have done now,

FWIW, I have tested "devede" from the rpmfusion repo and it works as
advertised.