Old 07-18-2011, 06:41 AM
Manuel Escudero

Default USB to Parallel Cable

2011/7/17 Geoffrey Leach <geoff@hughes.net>

On 07/17/2011 03:23:16 PM, Tod Thomas wrote:

> Does anyone have any experience with this type of cable under linux

> that

> could share some suggestions? *I have a USB only PC and an old

> parallel

> printer that I am near and dear to that I would like to continue

> using.

I have the same situation, and a Belkin cable that works well. Early

kernel versions delivered with Fedora 14 did not always recognize the

printer after the laptop returned from hibernation, so I needed to do

the unplug-plugin thing. Works fine now.

In my case, I have one cable, don't remember the brand but the printerdid never work via USB in F14, The system recognized it but as "usb://unknown"and it never printed. Using a PARALLELL TO PARALLELL cable worked fine in many

linux distros tough, even F14.
--
Manuel EscuderoLinux User #509052
Twitter:*@Jmlevick

PGP/GnuPG:*E2F5 12FA E1C3 FA58 CF15 *8481 B77B 00CA C1E1 0FA7Xenode Systems -*xenodesystems.com*-*"Conéctate a Tu Mundo"