Old 07-17-2011, 10:23 PM
Tod Thomas

Default USB to Parallel Cable

Does anyone have any experience with this type of cable under linux that
could share some suggestions? I have a USB only PC and an old parallel
printer that I am near and dear to that I would like to continue using.

Thanks - Tod

Old 07-17-2011, 10:59 PM
Geoffrey Leach

On 07/17/2011 03:23:16 PM, Tod Thomas wrote:
> Does anyone have any experience with this type of cable under linux
> that
> could share some suggestions? I have a USB only PC and an old
> parallel
> printer that I am near and dear to that I would like to continue
> using.

I have the same situation, and a Belkin cable that works well. Early
kernel versions delivered with Fedora 14 did not always recognize the
printer after the laptop returned from hibernation, so I needed to do
the unplug-plugin thing. Works fine now.