Old 07-15-2011, 09:53 AM
Abhay Vikash

Default P2020 (or PPC support ) for 2.6.32+ kernel in Fedora

Hi ,
From the web , I learnt that ,the latest Fedora release(http://ftp.riken.jp/Linux/fedora/releases/) which has active supports of *PPC architecture from Fedora release engineering* team is Fedora12 which is based on Linux kernel 2.6.31.5-127**.

*
For the later version of Fedora (13 and above ..) which are based on higher version of Linux kernel, *Fedora release engineering team no longer manages PPC releases.

*
*
We want to use Fedora 13 (so that we can have Linux 2.6.32+) , can we get the stable PPC support in this ?
*
*
Regards
Abhay

Old 07-15-2011, 10:28 AM
Jussi Lehtola

On Fri, 15 Jul 2011 15:23:58 +0530
Abhay Vikash <fearless.ab@gmail.com> wrote:
> For the later version of Fedora (13 and above ..) which are based on
> higher version of Linux kernel, Fedora release engineering team no
> longer manages PPC releases.
>
> We want to use Fedora 13 (so that we can have Linux 2.6.32+) , can we
> get the stable PPC support in this ?

No. Fedora 13 is EOL anyway.

Some people are still working on Fedora PPC, see
http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Architectures/PowerPC
They have prepared an installable version of Fedora 15, although the
tree hasn't changed since May.

Looks like the active development is in the rawhide tree, i.e., they're
preparing for Fedora 16.
--
Jussi Lehtola
Fedora Project Contributor