Old 07-13-2011, 02:03 PM
Bob Goodwin

Default No sound after update today -

I ran yum update earlier and now I have no sound. I haven't
found anything that restores it in alsamixer or p/a vol.
control. Alsamixer [F5 for All] only displays two controls,
normally there are others that require unmuting?

I have Thunderbird mail set up for voice announcements for
various e-mail sources and have come to rely on sound for that
so it's a bit of a panic.

This is: Linux box6 2.6.38.8-35.fc15.i686 #1 SMP Wed Jul 6
14:46:26 UTC 2011 i686 i686 i386 GNU/Linux

Any suggestions?

Bob