Old 07-11-2011, 10:07 PM
"Joe Tseng"

Default Duplicating Win 7 roaming profiles when logging in

I’ve got a laptop running Win 7 Pro registered with my Samba/OpenLDAP PDC
and it seems to not be handling roaming profiles properly when I reboot and log
in. More often than not, it would take a long time logging in because it would
recreate entirely new profile trees (eg. jtseng.ATHOME, jtseng.ATHOME.001,
jtseng.ATHOME.002, jtseng.ATHOME.003 and so on). Could someone clue me in as to
why this may be happening?

*
Thanks,

*
- Joe

Old 07-12-2011, 11:40 AM
Stephen Gallagher

On Mon, 2011-07-11 at 18:07 -0400, Joe Tseng wrote:
> I’ve got a laptop running Win 7 Pro registered with my Samba/OpenLDAP
> PDC and it seems to not be handling roaming profiles properly when I
> reboot and log in. More often than not, it would take a long time
> logging in because it would recreate entirely new profile trees (eg.
> jtseng.ATHOME, jtseng.ATHOME.001, jtseng.ATHOME.002, jtseng.ATHOME.003
> and so on). Could someone clue me in as to why this may be happening?

This is completely the wrong list for such questions. Try getting
support from Microsoft.

Old 07-12-2011, 11:40 AM
Stephen Gallagher

Old 07-12-2011, 11:53 AM
Patrick O'Callaghan

On Tue, 2011-07-12 at 07:40 -0400, Stephen Gallagher wrote:
> On Mon, 2011-07-11 at 18:07 -0400, Joe Tseng wrote:
> > I’ve got a laptop running Win 7 Pro registered with my Samba/OpenLDAP
> > PDC and it seems to not be handling roaming profiles properly when I
> > reboot and log in. More often than not, it would take a long time
> > logging in because it would recreate entirely new profile trees (eg.
> > jtseng.ATHOME, jtseng.ATHOME.001, jtseng.ATHOME.002, jtseng.ATHOME.003
> > and so on). Could someone clue me in as to why this may be happening?
>
> This is completely the wrong list for such questions. Try getting
> support from Microsoft.

A Samba forum might be more indicated here, though it's hard to tell as
as he doesn't say what his server is running, or even if it's Linux let
alone Fedora.

poc

Old 07-12-2011, 11:53 AM
Patrick O'Callaghan

Old 07-12-2011, 12:03 PM
Stephen Gallagher

On Tue, 2011-07-12 at 07:23 -0430, Patrick O'Callaghan wrote:
> On Tue, 2011-07-12 at 07:40 -0400, Stephen Gallagher wrote:
> > On Mon, 2011-07-11 at 18:07 -0400, Joe Tseng wrote:
> > > I’ve got a laptop running Win 7 Pro registered with my Samba/OpenLDAP
> > > PDC and it seems to not be handling roaming profiles properly when I
> > > reboot and log in. More often than not, it would take a long time
> > > logging in because it would recreate entirely new profile trees (eg.
> > > jtseng.ATHOME, jtseng.ATHOME.001, jtseng.ATHOME.002, jtseng.ATHOME.003
> > > and so on). Could someone clue me in as to why this may be happening?
> >
> > This is completely the wrong list for such questions. Try getting
> > support from Microsoft.
>
> A Samba forum might be more indicated here, though it's hard to tell as
> as he doesn't say what his server is running, or even if it's Linux let
> alone Fedora.

I misread the original email. I agree with Patrick that it would be best
to take this to one of the samba mailing lists. See
http://www.samba.org/samba/archives.html for details.

Old 07-12-2011, 12:03 PM
Stephen Gallagher