Old 07-11-2011, 06:57 PM
JB

Default upstart with fedora 15

Christopher Stolzenberg <xchris89x <at> googlemail.com> writes:

> I've seen that upstart is still in the fedora 15 repository.
>
> How can I install upstart instead of systemd?
>
> --
> Christopher

I guess you just install it ...
# yum install upstart

JB

Old 07-11-2011, 09:55 PM
Frank Murphy

On 11/07/11 15:28, Christopher Stolzenberg wrote:
> I've seen that upstart is still in the fedora 15 repository.
>
> How can I install upstart instead of systemd?
>
> --
> Christopher

If you install upstart you will end up with some failed services,
as it has been obsoleted by systemd.
Those maintainers that have migrated to systemd,
usually won't keep upstart configs going.

Frank Murphy
UTF_8 Encoded
Friend of fedoraproject.org

Old 07-12-2011, 10:39 AM