Old 07-10-2011, 03:09 PM
Vinny Onelli

Default Missing depentencies during the installation. partially fixed

> Hello,
> I installed F15 first on laptop, I had rough time with gnome3, after
> restore all file it worked some what decent, with some of this forum
> help. I then decided to upgrade the desktop Dell Dimension 8300, from
> F14 to F15. Apparently that was not a thing to do, F14 was working
> great. After clean installation I fallow all the add on installation
> that I had done on the laptop but I could not get the same thing, like
> icons on the screen similar to gnome 2, the email I can receive but I
> can't send, same setting of the working laptop. I then remember that
> during the installation the message came on for missing dependencies,
> I choose to continue, I thought, that may have been the problem.
> I try to install it again this time I choose "customize later"
> it still came up with the same message. I thought here is the time to
> leave the selection to customize later I got the same message missing
> dependencies, this disk I used before in the very same computer.
> Am I to thing that is some thing wrong with computer?
> Any help is greatly appreciated. Vinny

It seam that the dependencies problem was due to the choosing the
additional repository "Fedora update" during the installation I
reinstalled F15 without doing that and went through OK the rest is still
a problem most important is the email, if can't be solved I need to go
back to F14.
The following is from gnome-tweak-tool it show some warning and errors
are these relevant?
[root@Lab2 ~]# gnome-tweak-tool
INFO : Caching gsettings: <gtweak.gsettings._GSettingsSchema:
org.gnome.desktop.interface>
INFO : Caching gsettings: <gtweak.gsettings._GSettingsSchema:
org.gnome.desktop.background>
INFO : Caching gsettings: <gtweak.gsettings._GSettingsSchema:
org.gnome.nautilus.desktop>
INFO : Caching gconf:
<gtweak.gconf.GConfSetting: /desktop/gnome/shell/windows/theme>
(--short-docs)
INFO : Caching gconf:
<gtweak.gconf.GConfSetting: /desktop/gnome/shell/windows/theme>
(--long-docs)
INFO : Caching gconf:
<gtweak.gconf.GConfSetting: /apps/metacity/general/action_double_click_titlebar> (--short-docs)
INFO : Caching gconf:
<gtweak.gconf.GConfSetting: /apps/metacity/general/action_double_click_titlebar> (--long-docs)
INFO : Caching gconf:
<gtweak.gconf.GConfSetting: /apps/metacity/general/action_middle_click_titlebar> (--short-docs)
INFO : Caching gconf:
<gtweak.gconf.GConfSetting: /apps/metacity/general/action_middle_click_titlebar> (--long-docs)
INFO : Caching gconf:
<gtweak.gconf.GConfSetting: /apps/metacity/general/action_right_click_titlebar> (--short-docs)
INFO : Caching gconf:
<gtweak.gconf.GConfSetting: /apps/metacity/general/action_right_click_titlebar> (--long-docs)
INFO : Caching gconf:
<gtweak.gconf.GConfSetting: /apps/metacity/general/focus_mode>
(--short-docs)
INFO : Caching gconf:
<gtweak.gconf.GConfSetting: /apps/metacity/general/focus_mode>
(--long-docs)
INFO : Caching gsettings: <gtweak.gsettings._GSettingsSchema:
org.gnome.shell.clock>
INFO : Caching gsettings: <gtweak.gsettings._GSettingsSchema:
org.gnome.shell.calendar>
INFO : Caching gconf:
<gtweak.gconf.GConfSetting: /desktop/gnome/shell/windows/button_layout>
(--short-docs)
INFO : Caching gconf:
<gtweak.gconf.GConfSetting: /desktop/gnome/shell/windows/button_layout>
(--long-docs)
INFO : Caching gsettings: <gtweak.gsettings._GSettingsSchema:
org.gnome.settings-daemon.plugins.power>
INFO : Caching gconf:
<gtweak.gconf.GConfSetting: /apps/metacity/general/titlebar_font>
(--short-docs)
INFO : Caching gconf:
<gtweak.gconf.GConfSetting: /apps/metacity/general/titlebar_font>
(--long-docs)
INFO : Caching gconf:
<gtweak.gconf.GConfSetting: /apps/metacity/general/titlebar_font>
(--short-docs)
INFO : Caching gsettings: <gtweak.gsettings._GSettingsSchema:
org.gnome.settings-daemon.plugins.xsettings>
INFO : Caching gsettings: <gtweak.gsettings._GSettingsSchema:
org.gnome.shell>
WARNING : Error listing extensions
Traceback (most recent call last):
File
"/usr/lib/python2.7/site-packages/gtweak/tweaks/tweak_shell_extensions.py", line 146, in __init__
for extension in shell.list_extensions().values():
File "/usr/lib/python2.7/site-packages/gtweak/gshellwrapper.py", line
54, in list_extensions
out = self._proxy.execute_js('const ExtensionSystem =
imports.ui.extensionSystem; ExtensionSystem.extensionMeta')
File "/usr/lib/python2.7/site-packages/gtweak/gshellwrapper.py", line
35, in execute_js
result, output = self._proxy.Eval('(s)', js)
File "/usr/lib/python2.7/site-packages/gi/overrides/Gio.py", line 148,
in __call__
kwargs.get('flags', 0), kwargs.get('timeout', -1), None)
File "/usr/lib/python2.7/site-packages/gi/types.py", line 44, in
function
return info.invoke(*args)
GError: GDBus.Errorrg.freedesktop.DBus.Error.ServiceUnkn own: The name
org.gnome.Shell was not provided by any .service files

(gnome-tweak-tool:2028): Gtk-WARNING **: Attempting to store changes
into `/root/.local/share/recently-used.xbel', but failed: Failed to
create file '/root/.local/share/recently-used.xbel.7D68XV': No such file
or directory

(gnome-tweak-tool:2028): Gtk-WARNING **: Attempting to set the
permissions of `/root/.local/share/recently-used.xbel', but failed: No
such file or directory
[root@Lab2 ~]#