Old 07-09-2011, 05:20 PM
Reindl Harald

Default Missing depentencies during the installation

Am 09.07.2011 18:43, schrieb Vinny Onelli:
> I installed F15 first on laptop, I had rough time with gnome3, after
> restore all file it worked some what decent, with some of this forum
> help. I then decided to upgrade the desktop Dell Dimension 8300, from
> F14 to F15. Apparently that was not a thing to do, F14 was working
> great. After clean installation I fallow all the add on installation
> that I had done on the laptop but I could not get the same thing, like
> icons on the screen similar to gnome 2, the email I can receive but I
> can't send, same setting of the working laptop. I then remember that
> during the installation the message came on for missing dependencies, I
> choose to continue, I thought, that may have been the problem.
> I try to install it again this time I choose "customize later"
> it still came up with the same message. I thought here is the time to go
> back to F14 so I started my old F14 installation disk, and again leave
> the selection to customize later I got the same message missing
> dependencies, this disk I used before in the very same computer.
> Am I to thing that is some thing wrong with computer?
> Any help is greatly appreciated.

why not telling us WHICH dependencies?

http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Upgrading_Fedora_using_yum
IMPORTANT:
"sync; kill 1; /sbin/reboot;"
directly after upgrade to reboot the machine

Old 07-09-2011, 06:53 PM
Patrick O'Callaghan

On Sat, 2011-07-09 at 19:20 +0200, Reindl Harald wrote:

> Am 09.07.2011 18:43, schrieb Vinny Onelli:
> > I installed F15 first on laptop, I had rough time with gnome3, after
> > restore all file it worked some what decent, with some of this forum
> > help. I then decided to upgrade the desktop Dell Dimension 8300, from
> > F14 to F15. Apparently that was not a thing to do, F14 was working
> > great. After clean installation I fallow all the add on installation
> > that I had done on the laptop but I could not get the same thing, like
> > icons on the screen similar to gnome 2, the email I can receive but I
> > can't send, same setting of the working laptop. I then remember that
> > during the installation the message came on for missing dependencies, I
> > choose to continue, I thought, that may have been the problem.
> > I try to install it again this time I choose "customize later"
> > it still came up with the same message. I thought here is the time to go
> > back to F14 so I started my old F14 installation disk, and again leave
> > the selection to customize later I got the same message missing
> > dependencies, this disk I used before in the very same computer.
> > Am I to thing that is some thing wrong with computer?
> > Any help is greatly appreciated.
>
> why not telling us WHICH dependencies?
>
> http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Upgrading_Fedora_using_yum
> IMPORTANT:
> "sync; kill 1; /sbin/reboot;"
> directly after upgrade to reboot the machine

Neither the sync nor the "kill 1" are necessary.

poc

Old 07-09-2011, 07:02 PM
Reindl Harald

Am 09.07.2011 20:53, schrieb Patrick O'Callaghan:

>> why not telling us WHICH dependencies?
>>
>> http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Upgrading_Fedora_using_yum
>> IMPORTANT:
>> "sync; kill 1; /sbin/reboot;"
>> directly after upgrade to reboot the machine
>
> Neither the sync nor the "kill 1" are necessary

so tell me why "reboot" did not work on seceral machines
after upgrading from F14 to F15 with YUM while "upstart"
was replaced by "systemd"

it does not interest me what exactly this triggered
because this is a clean reboot and after you are in
runlevel 3 you have no way to google for a solution
if you not own more than one machine

Old 07-12-2011, 02:58 PM
Bruno Wolff III

On Sat, Jul 09, 2011 at 21:02:55 +0200,
Reindl Harald <h.reindl@thelounge.net> wrote:

> it does not interest me what exactly this triggered
> because this is a clean reboot and after you are in
> runlevel 3 you have no way to google for a solution
> if you not own more than one machine

This is a bit off the main topic, but I have used lynx to use google to
search for stuff.