Old 06-30-2011, 12:52 PM
Gregory Hosler

Default how to make Gnome 3 persistent ?

Old 06-30-2011, 01:18 PM
Andre Robatino

Gregory Hosler <ghosler <at> redhat.com> writes:

> when I login to my new Gnome-3 shell, it always starts with a blank screen.
>
> How to make it save my workspaces when I log out ?

Run gnome-session-properties and check "Automatically remember running
applications when logging out" under the Options tab. It may not reliably save
applications in the right workspaces, but it didn't before, either.
(I normally only use 1 workspace so don't really notice.)

Old 06-30-2011, 01:36 PM
Genes MailLists

On 06/30/2011 09:18 AM, Andre Robatino wrote:
> Gregory Hosler <ghosler <at> redhat.com> writes:
>
>> when I login to my new Gnome-3 shell, it always starts with a blank screen.
>>
>> How to make it save my workspaces when I log out ?
>
> Run gnome-session-properties and check "Automatically remember running
> applications when logging out" under the Options tab. It may not reliably save
> applications in the right workspaces, but it didn't before, either.
> (I normally only use 1 workspace so don't really notice.)

Gnome 3 is still a work in progress - I am sure the devs will make this
feature fully supported in time - using the gnome 2 command line is a
bit of a work around and hopefully will continue to be supported in some
form.