Old 06-29-2011, 08:56 PM
JD

Default PPA 1158 eSATA + USB pcmcia card

Manufacturer claims that it was tested successfully against
kernel 2.6.32.

I read a couple of blogs of windows users dissing this card.

My laptop has not usb 2.0. Only 1.1.
I have a pcmcia card with 2 eSATA ports, one of which I use
for my external HD.

The PPA 1158
http://ppa-usa.com/computer-products/sata/pcmcia-combo-usb-2-0-and-sata-cardbus.html
provides 2 eSATA (Version 1) ports and 2 USB 2.0 ports.

I would like to buy it so I can use my external drive and connect
usb 2.0 devices to it.

Has anyone had experience with this card on any Linux version?

P.S: I had tried a card from Syba with 1 eSATA port and 3 USB ports.
It locks up Fedora AND windows during boot. Tried 2 of them. Same
lock up.

Thanx

JD