Old 06-29-2011, 05:36 PM
Deron Meranda

Default F15 libvirt net-edit will not use static dhcp addresses for dnsmasq

On Wed, Jun 29, 2011 at 1:25 PM, Deron Meranda <deron.meranda@gmail.com> wrote:
> In Fedora 15 I'm trying to set up statically-assigned DHCP addresses
> for virtual machine domains, but libvirt does not pass this on to
> dnsmasq.

I think I solved this myself. You need to shut down the virtual
network before you can edit it. Thus editing static DHCP addresses
must be done as follows:

# virsh -c qemu:///system net-destroy vmnet
# virsh -c qemu:///system net-edit vmnet
# virsh -c qemu:///system net-start vmnet

--
Deron Meranda
http://deron.meranda.us/