Old 06-28-2011, 04:06 PM
Dave Cross

Default Obsolete RPMs

I've upgraded a couple of systems from F14 to F15 using preupgrade.
Everything seems to have gone fine.

I'm slowly getting used to GNOME 3 and I'm sure that it will make
sense to me one day.

But it strikes me that there will now be a number of obsolete RPMs
hanging around on my system. These will be the RPMs relating to
features used in GNOME 2 but not in GNOME 3. I'm thinking of things
like compiz and all of the applets. Is there any reason why I
shouldn't just remove all of these RPMs? Are there any more that I can
remove safely?

Cheers,

Dave....

--