Old 06-27-2011, 08:04 PM
Aaron Konstam

Default system monitor appears twice in F15 Application List.

Does anyone know why system monitor appears twice in the F15
Application list?

Old 06-27-2011, 08:20 PM
Steven Stern

On 06/27/2011 03:04 PM, Aaron Konstam wrote:
> Does anyone know why system monitor appears twice in the F15
> Application list?

Not on my system. There's only one, linked to gnome-system-monitor.
Did you upgrade or do a clean install?

--
-- Steve

Old 06-27-2011, 08:27 PM
Mark Eggers

On Mon, 27 Jun 2011 15:20:01 -0500, Steven Stern wrote:

> On 06/27/2011 03:04 PM, Aaron Konstam wrote:
>> Does anyone know why system monitor appears twice in the F15
>> Application list?
>
> Not on my system. There's only one, linked to gnome-system-monitor. Did
> you upgrade or do a clean install?
>
> --
> -- Steve

I have two as well (did a preupgrade from Fedora 14). One is for the
Gnome application (first icon), and the other is for the KDE application
(second icon).

It's sad that Gnome 3 application menu icons are not more descriptive, or
at least display a popup window with more information.

. . . . just my two cents.

/mde/

Old 06-27-2011, 08:35 PM
Steven Stern

On 06/27/2011 03:27 PM, Mark Eggers wrote:
> On Mon, 27 Jun 2011 15:20:01 -0500, Steven Stern wrote:
>
>> On 06/27/2011 03:04 PM, Aaron Konstam wrote:
>>> Does anyone know why system monitor appears twice in the F15
>>> Application list?
>>
>> Not on my system. There's only one, linked to gnome-system-monitor. Did
>> you upgrade or do a clean install?
>>
>> --
>> -- Steve
>
> I have two as well (did a preupgrade from Fedora 14). One is for the
> Gnome application (first icon), and the other is for the KDE application
> (second icon).
>
> It's sad that Gnome 3 application menu icons are not more descriptive, or
> at least display a popup window with more information.
>
> . . . . just my two cents.
>
> /mde/

It would be nice to "properties" on a right click (like a certain other
OS we might name).

--
-- Steve

Old 06-28-2011, 12:41 AM
Aaron Konstam

On Mon, 2011-06-27 at 15:20 -0500, Steven Stern wrote:
> On 06/27/2011 03:04 PM, Aaron Konstam wrote:
> > Does anyone know why system monitor appears twice in the F15
> > Application list?
>
> Not on my system. There's only one, linked to gnome-system-monitor.
> Did you upgrade or do a clean install?
>
> --
> -- Steve

Clean Install. Now to find out how to remove an item from the
Application menu. There is always something new to learn.