Old 06-27-2011, 07:23 AM
Mike Dwiggins

Default Skype on Fedora 14

Has anyone had any luck running Skype on Fedora 14 86_x64. It installs
just fine but, when I try to launch it nothing happens!

I get nothing in messages or demesg to show it even attempted to
launch! Is it like Flash and needs to be wrapped in order to work? If
so how?

Mike

Old 06-27-2011, 07:29 AM
Nicolae Ghimbovschi

Skype works fine for me on Fedora 15 86_x64 and it was working on F14.

In case you are using the dynamic version of Skype.
I think it needs some extra 32bit libraries to work.

as root:

yum -y install pulseaudio-libs.i686 alsa-plugins-pulseaudio.i686
libv4l.i686 libXv.i686 libXScrnSaver.i686 dbus-qt.i686 qt.i686

Old 06-27-2011, 07:29 AM
Nicolae Ghimbovschi