Old 06-24-2011, 06:57 AM
François Patte

Default where is gnomebreakpad

Old 06-24-2011, 08:36 AM
Ed Greshko

On 06/24/2011 02:57 PM, François Patte wrote:

> When launching evince, I get this warning:
>
> Gtk-Message: Failed to load module "gnomebreakpad": libgnomebreakpad.so
>

> Where to find this module?

What version of Fedora and evince are you using? F15 doesn't seem to
have that module as "yum whatprovides" returns No Matches found.

Old 06-25-2011, 09:24 AM
François Patte

Old 06-25-2011, 09:48 AM
Ed Greshko

"François Patte" <francois.patte@mi.parisdescartes.fr> wrote:

>evince-2.32.0-4.fc14.i686

OK, F14. I don't have that running, but what does

you whatprovides */libgnomebreakpad.so

return?

--
Sent from my Android tablet with K-9 Mail.

Old 06-25-2011, 10:02 AM
Ed Greshko

Of course i meant yum.... Spell check strikes again.

--
Sent from my Android tablet with K-9 Mail.

Old 06-25-2011, 11:02 AM
Ed Greshko

On 06/25/2011 06:55 PM, François Patte wrote:
> Le 25/06/2011 11:48, Ed Greshko a écrit :
> > "François Patte" <francois.patte@mi.parisdescartes.fr> wrote:
>
> >> evince-2.32.0-4.fc14.i686
>
> > OK, F14. I don't have that running, but what does
>
> > you whatprovides */libgnomebreakpad.so
>
> Not match....!

I sort of that that would be the case.... Having done a google search
of your problem only turned up results from the Fedora 8 days...or there
about.

I assume that when you do "which evince" you get /usr/bin/evince.

And if you do "ldd /usr/bin/evince" libgnomebreakpad.so is in the result?

Old 06-25-2011, 05:53 PM
Joe Zeff

On 06/25/2011 03:02 AM, Ed Greshko wrote:
> Of course i meant yum.... Spell check strikes again.

Have you considered poorfraeding your posts before sending them? It
will catch most of the things the spelling checker can't. HTH, HAND.

Old 06-25-2011, 07:44 PM
Ed Greshko

On 06/26/2011 01:53 AM, Joe Zeff wrote:
> Have you considered poorfraeding your posts before sending them? It
> will catch most of the things the spelling checker can't. HTH, HAND.

What is your point?

Old 06-25-2011, 07:55 PM
Joe Zeff

On 06/25/2011 12:44 PM, Ed Greshko wrote:
> On 06/26/2011 01:53 AM, Joe Zeff wrote:
>> Have you considered poorfraeding your posts before sending them? It
>> will catch most of the things the spelling checker can't. HTH, HAND.
>
> What is your point?

I was pointing out that a spelling checker can't catch everything
because it doesn't know when you've used the wrong word but spelled it
correctly. I am, among other things, a writer (not published yet, alas)
and I find some of the poor spelling and misused words on this mailing
list (and others) almost painful to read. I do my best not to mention
it because it almost never does any good. In this case, as you were
correcting your own error, it seemed appropriate to suggest a simple way
to avoid doing it again.

Old 06-25-2011, 09:23 PM
Ed Greshko

On 06/26/2011 03:55 AM, Joe Zeff wrote:
> I was pointing out that a spelling checker can't catch everything
> because it doesn't know when you've used the wrong word but spelled it
> correctly. I am, among other things, a writer (not published yet, alas)
> and I find some of the poor spelling and misused words on this mailing
> list (and others) almost painful to read. I do my best not to mention
> it because it almost never does any good. In this case, as you were
> correcting your own error, it seemed appropriate to suggest a simple way
> to avoid doing it again.

Are you suggesting that I am unaware of that?

Are you also aware that pointing out spelling errors and grammar errors
of people on mailing lists has long been considered bad form? Except
for, maybe, mailing lists dedicated to a given language and its usage.

I am happy to hear that you do your best not to mention these
transgressions which cause you immeasurable pain. I suggest you work a
bit harder.

For my part, I'll try to monitor my new Android Tablet's features in an
attempt to save you additional grief.