Old 06-26-2011, 11:47 PM
Joe Zeff

Default where is gnomebreakpad

On 06/26/2011 10:16 AM, James McKenzie wrote:
> (and both of you are very valuable to the project and you both
> have brought in a great deal of good information, now folks may question
> it.)

And, because of the way I've been flamed for something I didn't do, I'm
seriously considering leaving this list.

Old 06-27-2011, 12:26 AM
James McKenzie

On 6/26/11 4:47 PM, Joe Zeff wrote:
> On 06/26/2011 10:16 AM, James McKenzie wrote:
>> (and both of you are very valuable to the project and you both
>> have brought in a great deal of good information, now folks may question
>> it.)
> And, because of the way I've been flamed for something I didn't do, I'm
> seriously considering leaving this list.
Joe:

I did not see where you were a Grammar Nazi, and I have not considered
you one. And you do bring alot of knowledge to this list. I would
appreciate it if you chalk this one up to the eventual stupidity that
some folks demonstrate, including myself, every once in a while. In
other words: Please stay.

Thank you.

James McKenzie

Old 06-27-2011, 12:28 AM
Joe Zeff

On 06/26/2011 05:26 PM, James McKenzie wrote:
> I did not see where you were a Grammar Nazi, and I have not considered
> you one. And you do bring alot of knowledge to this list. I would
> appreciate it if you chalk this one up to the eventual stupidity that
> some folks demonstrate, including myself, every once in a while. In
> other words: Please stay.

Thank you. As I wrote, I've not decided yet.

Old 06-28-2011, 01:17 AM
Craig White

On Sun, 2011-06-26 at 08:18 -0700, Joe Zeff wrote:

> Don't fall prey to Ed's Big Lie: I never corrected his grammar, spelling
> or syntax. I never acted as a Grammar Nazi. All I did was point out
> that proofreading his email would help avoid him from making errors in
> the future after *he corrected his own mistake.* Calling me a Grammar
> Nazi IS A LIE!
----
when did you stop beating your wife?

If you want to dance on the head of the pin suggesting that you never
actually said what you clearly inferred, then so be it. What you
specifically said...

"Have you considered poorfraeding your posts before sending them? It
will catch most of the things the spelling checker can't. HTH, HAND."

No matter how much you endeavor to soften it up now that it is out
there, it was hostile, uncalled for and arrogant.

I know how things like that happen because it sometimes happens to me. I
write an e-mail, go back and change some of the wording without fully
proofreading it yet again and the grammar which was probably acceptable
when I typed the stream of conscious thought, got gnarled. Hardly worth
the many e-mails, defensiveness and divisiveness that your posting
engendered.

Clearly Ed proofreads his messages - that is why he corrected himself in
the first place. Even if he didn't proofread his messages, is it worth
humiliating him by suggesting that he do so?

Craig

believed to be clean.

Old 06-28-2011, 02:39 AM
Joe Zeff

On 06/27/2011 06:17 PM, Craig White wrote:
> If you want to dance on the head of the pin suggesting that you never
> actually said what you clearly inferred, then so be it. What you
> specifically said...

No, you inferred. If anything, I implied. Even Cerebus the Aardvark
knew the difference between the two.

> "Have you considered poorfraeding your posts before sending them? It
> will catch most of the things the spelling checker can't. HTH, HAND."
>
> No matter how much you endeavor to soften it up now that it is out
> there, it was hostile, uncalled for and arrogant.

Really? What did I write that was hostile or arrogant? I offered a
polite, friendly suggestion and even told him to Have A Nice Day[1].
Would it make you happier if I left this list? Are you so offended by
what I said, even though it wasn't directed at you that you'd rather I
didn't offer my assistance any longer? If so, just say the word and I'm
gone. At this point, it's almost not worth the bother any longer.

[1]HTH, HAND = Hope This Helps, Have A Nice Day.