Old 06-21-2011, 03:33 PM
Rich Mahn

Default disabling automount in F15

How do I go about disabling automount in F-15. I don't want anything
except what's in /etc/fstab at boot and what I mount directly.

I've looked at man pages for systemd, but it's so confusing I can't find
out where or what it is that's causing raw disks to become mounted. I
used to be able to turn off the automount daemon, but I don't find any
such animal.

I have some corrupted, partially working disks I'm trying to manage, but
this systemd stuff is automatically attempting mounts, generating tons
of errors, and making it more likely I won't be able to retrieve what I
am looking for.

I'm sure there's something somewhere to tell me exactly what I want,
but I haven't found it yet.

Thanks.

Rich

Old 06-21-2011, 04:07 PM
Tom Horsley

On Tue, 21 Jun 2011 11:33:46 -0400
Rich Mahn wrote:

> I'm sure there's something somewhere to tell me exactly what I want,
> but I haven't found it yet.

This may still be valid for f15, or it may have changed yet again:

http://home.comcast.net/~tomhorsley/wisdom/braindump/hide-disk.html

Mostly you need to create a file with some name like:

/etc/udev/rules.d/99-zzz-local.rules

And put this sort of stuff in it:

# tell annoying tools on system there is a friggin reason I didn't mount
# these things and they shouldn't go mounting them either.
#
ENV{ID_FS_LABEL}=="BACKUP", ENV{UDISKS_PRESENTATION_HIDE}="1"
ENV{ID_FS_LABEL}=="F12ROOT64", ENV{UDISKS_PRESENTATION_HIDE}="1"
ENV{ID_FS_LABEL}=="MAINBOOT", ENV{UDISKS_PRESENTATION_HIDE}="1"

That uses disk labels, presumably there are other attributes
you could use as well.

Old 06-21-2011, 04:52 PM
Genes MailLists

> On Tue, 21 Jun 2011 11:33:46 -0400
> Rich Mahn wrote:
>
>> I'm sure there's something somewhere to tell me exactly what I want,
>> but I haven't found it yet.

Not sure if this satisfies your needs, but I have switched to KDE now
and it has control over what removable media things are automatically
mounted.

This is distinct from the automounter/autofs to be clear - autofs is
not installed by default.

Menu->System Settings -> Removable Devices

Perhaps you were referring to some other mounted things ?

gene/

Old 06-21-2011, 08:47 PM
edik landave

service autofs stop