Old 06-21-2011, 04:00 AM
Mike Wright

Default yum broken on new f14 install

Hi all,

I just did a net install of f14.i386. It complained that there was not
enough memory for a gui install so the install used the text install.

Surprise! It didn't install any of the packages necessary for run level 5.

No problem. Let's see what we have: updatedb. Oops no such file. OK.
yum install mlocate.

[Error 14] PYCURL ERROR 6 - "" until eventually: No more mirrors to try.

This is the exact same repo file as in another f14 box which works just
fine.

Anybody seen anything like this? Ideas?

TIA,
Mike Wright

Old 06-21-2011, 04:35 AM
Ed Greshko

On 06/21/2011 12:00 PM, Mike Wright wrote:
> I just did a net install of f14.i386. It complained that there was not
> enough memory for a gui install so the install used the text install.
>
> Surprise! It didn't install any of the packages necessary for run level 5.
>
> No problem. Let's see what we have: updatedb. Oops no such file. OK.
> yum install mlocate.
>
> [Error 14] PYCURL ERROR 6 - "" until eventually: No more mirrors to try.
>
> This is the exact same repo file as in another f14 box which works just
> fine.

I've not run that exact error message, to my memory, but whenever I had
a "No more mirrors to try" problem it always turned out to be a network
issue. Interface not up. DNS misconfiguration. Things like that. Bad
routing information, So, to start, I would make sure I could resolve
hostnames by doing something like "host fedoraproject.org". And, if
that works, try a traceroute to one of the IP addresses returned.