Old 06-21-2011, 02:33 AM
John Aldrich

Default Chrome asks for Gnome Keyring password???? (SOLVED???)

On Mon June 20 2011, Patrick O'Callaghan wrote:

> Not really. The way you describe it, your home console is always logged
> on, so you don't need to be authenticated again. OTOH your remote
> session via SSH is logged out when you go home (even though the SSH
> connection remains open), so when you log in again next day you have to
> present new credentials. The two sessions (home and remote) are
> completely distinct and separate as far as keyring access is concerned.
>
> This is consistent with what I'm saying.

I think I have resolved it... I pulled up the systemsettings GUI and
changed the default web browser to "google-chrome --
password-store=kwallet" and then restarted the VNC Server. That seems to
have resolved the issue when the steps on the Chrome FAQ didn't.

Old 06-21-2011, 07:14 AM
mike cloaked

On Tue, Jun 21, 2011 at 3:33 AM, John Aldrich <jmaldrich@yahoo.com> wrote:
> On Mon June 20 2011, Patrick O'Callaghan wrote:
>>
>> Not really. The way you describe it, your home console is always logged
>> on, so you don't need to be authenticated again. OTOH your remote
>> session via SSH is logged out when you go home (even though the SSH
>> connection remains open), so when you log in again next day you have to
>> present new credentials. The two sessions (home and remote) are
>> completely distinct and separate as far as keyring access is concerned.
>>
>> This is consistent with what I'm saying.
>>
> I think I have resolved it... I pulled up the systemsettings GUI and
> changed the default web browser to "google-chrome --
> password-store=kwallet" and then restarted the VNC Server. That seems to
> have resolved the issue when the steps on the Chrome FAQ didn't.

If you now switch on sync with a gmail account, then allow time for it
to synchronise... and then run it without the --password-store flag,
does that then allow sync to put the passwords in the local encrypted
sqlite file instead of kwallet after which you can then switch of
sync?

--
mike c

Old 06-21-2011, 10:15 AM
John Aldrich

On Tue June 21 2011, mike cloaked wrote:

> If you now switch on sync with a gmail account, then allow time for it
> to synchronise... and then run it without the --password-store flag,
> does that then allow sync to put the passwords in the local encrypted
> sqlite file instead of kwallet after which you can then switch of
> sync?

Dunno. I'll give it a shot.