Old 06-20-2011, 09:32 PM
Alexander Volovics

Default retrace server always busy

On Mon, Jun 20, 2011 at 05:25:00PM -0400, Sam Varshavchik wrote:

> Alexander Volovics writes:
> >Every time I try to use the retrace server to submit
> >a bug report I get the message "server busy, try again
> >later". Do others have the same experience.

> Yup.

What are they getting, a 100 trace requests a minute.
Then the Fedora and Red Hat distros must be really rotten :-)

Alexander

Old 06-20-2011, 09:39 PM
Steven Stern

On 06/20/2011 04:32 PM, Alexander Volovics wrote:
> On Mon, Jun 20, 2011 at 05:25:00PM -0400, Sam Varshavchik wrote:
>
>> Alexander Volovics writes:
>>> Every time I try to use the retrace server to submit
>>> a bug report I get the message "server busy, try again
>>> later". Do others have the same experience.
>
>> Yup.
>
> What are they getting, a 100 trace requests a minute.
> Then the Fedora and Red Hat distros must be really rotten :-)
>
> Alexander

When I asked about it during the alpha/beta cycle, I was told it was
running on old and underpowered hardware. I don't know if that's changed.

--
-- Steve

Old 06-20-2011, 10:22 PM
Sam Varshavchik

Alexander Volovics writes:

On Mon, Jun 20, 2011 at 05:25:00PM -0400, Sam Varshavchik wrote:

> Alexander Volovics writes:
> >Every time I try to use the retrace server to submit
> >a bug report I get the message "server busy, try again
> >later". Do others have the same experience.

> Yup.

What are they getting, a 100 trace requests a minute.
Then the Fedora and Red Hat distros must be really rotten :-)

Most likely the server is unavailable, and that's the default error message.

Old 06-20-2011, 10:45 PM
Patrick O'Callaghan

On Mon, 2011-06-20 at 17:25 -0400, Sam Varshavchik wrote:
> Alexander Volovics writes:
>
> > Every time I try to use the retrace server to submit
> > a bug report I get the message "server busy, try again
> > later". Do others have the same experience.
>
> Yup.

The first time, yes. The second time it appeared to react and started
uploading stuff. However I killed it after 10 hours or so of nothing
apparently happening.

poc

Old 06-20-2011, 10:46 PM
Patrick O'Callaghan

On Mon, 2011-06-20 at 16:39 -0500, Steven Stern wrote:
> On 06/20/2011 04:32 PM, Alexander Volovics wrote:

> >> Yup.
> >
> > What are they getting, a 100 trace requests a minute.
> > Then the Fedora and Red Hat distros must be really rotten :-)
> >
> > Alexander
> >
> When I asked about it during the alpha/beta cycle, I was told it was
> running on old and underpowered hardware. I don't know if that's changed.

I'd certainly hope so, but of course capacity planning for something
like this (new debug service on new release of popular system) is
largely guesswork.

poc