FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
» Video Reviews

» Linux Archive

Linux-archive is a website aiming to archive linux email lists and to make them easily accessible for linux users/developers.


» Sponsor

» Partners

» Sponsor

Go Back   Linux Archive > Redhat > Fedora User

 
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
 
Old 06-20-2011, 07:14 PM
Dj YB
 
Default F14->F15 compiz failure

Hello,

I have upgraded recently and since then I can't use compiz.
every time it starts it crashes.
all the settings are new, when I try to load the old config file using import it
is being ignored.

anyone else experience this problem?
how can I downgrade for now back to 0.8.6 ?


Thanks,
YB.
--
users mailing list
users@lists.fedoraproject.org
To unsubscribe or change subscription options:
https://admin.fedoraproject.org/mailman/listinfo/users
Guidelines: http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Mailing_list_guidelines
 
Old 06-20-2011, 08:17 PM
MartinG
 
Default F14->F15 compiz failure

On Mon, Jun 20, 2011 at 9:14 PM, Dj YB <syehielb@t2.technion.ac.il> wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I have upgraded recently and since then I can't use compiz.
> every time it starts it crashes.

I've had the same problem, and still have. Here's my bugreport:
https://bugzilla.redhat.com/show_bug.cgi?id=708394
and another one:
https://bugzilla.redhat.com/show_bug.cgi?id=699234

> all the settings are new, when I try to load the old config file using import it
> is being ignored.
>
> anyone else experience this problem?
> how can I downgrade for now back to 0.8.6 ?

Is Kwin desktop effects working for you? If not, maybe it is a driver
issue. I've got Intel graphics.

-MartinG

>
> Thanks,
> YB.
> --
> users mailing list
> users@lists.fedoraproject.org
> To unsubscribe or change subscription options:
> https://admin.fedoraproject.org/mailman/listinfo/users
> Guidelines: http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Mailing_list_guidelines
>
--
users mailing list
users@lists.fedoraproject.org
To unsubscribe or change subscription options:
https://admin.fedoraproject.org/mailman/listinfo/users
Guidelines: http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Mailing_list_guidelines
 
Old 06-20-2011, 09:39 PM
Dj YB
 
Default F14->F15 compiz failure

On Monday June 20 2011 23:17:20 MartinG wrote:
> On Mon, Jun 20, 2011 at 9:14 PM, Dj YB <syehielb@t2.technion.ac.il> wrote:
> > Hello,
> >
> > I have upgraded recently and since then I can't use compiz.
> > every time it starts it crashes.
>
> I've had the same problem, and still have. Here's my bugreport:
> https://bugzilla.redhat.com/show_bug.cgi?id=708394
> and another one:
> https://bugzilla.redhat.com/show_bug.cgi?id=699234
>
> > all the settings are new, when I try to load the old config file using
> > import it is being ignored.
> >
> > anyone else experience this problem?
> > how can I downgrade for now back to 0.8.6 ?
>
> Is Kwin desktop effects working for you? If not, maybe it is a driver
> issue. I've got Intel graphics.

kwin with effects is working, but for some reason the effects don't happen...
on the other hand I have never used kwin under kde4 so I might just be missing
some config somewhere.

using nVidia from rpmfusion.

Thanks,
YB.
--
users mailing list
users@lists.fedoraproject.org
To unsubscribe or change subscription options:
https://admin.fedoraproject.org/mailman/listinfo/users
Guidelines: http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Mailing_list_guidelines
 
Old 06-21-2011, 04:50 PM
Dj YB
 
Default F14->F15 compiz failure

On Monday June 20 2011 23:17:20 MartinG wrote:
> On Mon, Jun 20, 2011 at 9:14 PM, Dj YB <syehielb@t2.technion.ac.il> wrote:
> > Hello,
> >
> > I have upgraded recently and since then I can't use compiz.
> > every time it starts it crashes.
>
> I've had the same problem, and still have. Here's my bugreport:
> https://bugzilla.redhat.com/show_bug.cgi?id=708394
> and another one:
> https://bugzilla.redhat.com/show_bug.cgi?id=699234
>
> > all the settings are new, when I try to load the old config file using
> > import it is being ignored.
> >
> > anyone else experience this problem?
> > how can I downgrade for now back to 0.8.6 ?
>
> Is Kwin desktop effects working for you? If not, maybe it is a driver
> issue. I've got Intel graphics.

tried removing nVidia driver and installed again the 173xx nVidia driver
and now compiz is working fine

YB.
--
users mailing list
users@lists.fedoraproject.org
To unsubscribe or change subscription options:
https://admin.fedoraproject.org/mailman/listinfo/users
Guidelines: http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Mailing_list_guidelines
 

Thread Tools




All times are GMT. The time now is 10:21 PM.

VBulletin, Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO ©2007, Crawlability, Inc.
Copyright 2007 - 2008, www.linux-archive.org