Old 06-19-2011, 08:02 PM
JD

Default Network Manager and wpa_supplicant

Why is it that when I allow Network Manager to manage the
wifi connection, it invoked wpa_supplicant without specifying
the config file /etc/wpa_supplicant/wpa_supplicant.conf,
resulting in failure to associate with the AP?

In other words, it never gets the correct settings to negotiate
association with the AP.

Googled for info - but bazillions of hits and no cigar.

Thanx for any pointers to the right links to solve this.

Cheers,

JD

Old 06-20-2011, 09:42 AM
Frank Elsner

On Sun, 19 Jun 2011 13:02:02 -0700 JD wrote:
> Why is it that when I allow Network Manager to manage the
> wifi connection, it invoked wpa_supplicant without specifying
> the config file /etc/wpa_supplicant/wpa_supplicant.conf,
> resulting in failure to associate with the AP?

Can't reproduce this. Which version of Fedora? Mine is 14.

--Frank Elsner