Old 06-18-2011, 08:05 AM
Misha Shnurapet

Default Incorrect external display resolution

I have a Sony BRAVIA 32" TV that I connect to my Dell mini laptop via a VGA cable. The TV picture has to be 1280x768 px (and it was in Fedora 13 and 14, though the monitor settings applet used to call it a 72" display it worked well).

Now on F15 the TV is detected as "Unknown" and the system gives me a 1024x768 px only as the maximum option.

How do I correct this?

--
Best regards,
Email: shnurapet AT fedoraproject.org, IRC: misha on freenode

Old 06-18-2011, 09:04 AM
suvayu ali

On Sat, Jun 18, 2011 at 1:05 AM, Misha Shnurapet
<shnurapet@fedoraproject.org> wrote:
> I have a Sony BRAVIA 32" TV that I connect to my Dell mini laptop via a VGA cable. The TV picture has to be 1280x768 px (and it was in Fedora 13 and 14, though the monitor settings applet used to call it a 72" display it worked well).
>
> Now on F15 the TV is detected as "Unknown" and the system gives me a 1024x768 px only as the maximum option.
>
> How do I correct this?

Have you tried xrandr?

--
Suvayu