Old 06-17-2011, 09:14 PM
Aaron Konstam

Default Automatic updating man be upon us.

I like others noticed that the automatic yum updating seems to be
missing in FC15. Well I did a yum update which installed 66 rpms among
them several PackageKit related rpms. Automates yum updating may be upon
us. We will see.

Old 06-19-2011, 09:21 PM
Richard Hughes

On 17 June 2011 22:14, Aaron Konstam <akonstam@sbcglobal.net> wrote:
> I like others noticed that the automatic yum updating seems to be
> missing in FC15. Well I did a yum update which installed 66 rpms among
> them several PackageKit related rpms. Automates yum updating may be upon
> us. We will see.

Only security updates get automatically installed by default.

Richard.

Old 06-20-2011, 03:46 PM
Aaron Konstam

On Sun, 2011-06-19 at 22:21 +0100, Richard Hughes wrote:
> On 17 June 2011 22:14, Aaron Konstam <akonstam@sbcglobal.net> wrote:
> > I like others noticed that the automatic yum updating seems to be
> > missing in FC15. Well I did a yum update which installed 66 rpms among
> > them several PackageKit related rpms. Automates yum updating may be upon
> > us. We will see.
>
> Only security updates get automatically installed by default.
>
> Richard.

Why is this? And do you mean they get installed without asking first?

Old 06-20-2011, 03:54 PM
Richard Hughes

On 20 June 2011 16:46, Aaron Konstam <akonstam@sbcglobal.net> wrote:
>> Only security updates get automatically installed by default.
> Why is this? And do you mean they get installed without asking first?

Look at the "software updates" configuration utility.

Richard