FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
» Video Reviews

» Linux Archive

Linux-archive is a website aiming to archive linux email lists and to make them easily accessible for linux users/developers.


» Sponsor

» Partners

» Sponsor

Go Back   Linux Archive > Redhat > Fedora User

 
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
 
Old 06-16-2011, 08:47 PM
Ricardo Veguilla
 
Default Java Gnome 3 maximized window mouse bugs

Hi, I've found two bugs related to mouse selection on java swing
applications running maximized on gnome3, but I don't know where to
report the bug.

gnome3? gtk3? openjdk? xorg?

Any recommendation?

--
Ricardo Veguilla González
veguilla@gmail.com
--
users mailing list
users@lists.fedoraproject.org
To unsubscribe or change subscription options:
https://admin.fedoraproject.org/mailman/listinfo/users
Guidelines: http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Mailing_list_guidelines
 
Old 06-17-2011, 10:10 AM
Rahul Sundaram
 
Default Java Gnome 3 maximized window mouse bugs

On 06/17/2011 02:17 AM, Ricardo Veguilla wrote:
> Hi, I've found two bugs related to mouse selection on java swing
> applications running maximized on gnome3, but I don't know where to
> report the bug.
>
> gnome3? gtk3? openjdk? xorg?
>
> Any recommendation?

File it against openjdk and it can be reassigned if necessary

Rahul

--
users mailing list
users@lists.fedoraproject.org
To unsubscribe or change subscription options:
https://admin.fedoraproject.org/mailman/listinfo/users
Guidelines: http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Mailing_list_guidelines
 
Old 06-17-2011, 10:18 AM
Frank Murphy
 
Default Java Gnome 3 maximized window mouse bugs

On 17/06/11 11:10, Rahul Sundaram wrote:
> On 06/17/2011 02:17 AM, Ricardo Veguilla wrote:
>> Hi, I've found two bugs related to mouse selection on java swing
>> applications running maximized on gnome3,

Are the "swing apps" Fedora supplied or from the web?


--
Regards,

Frank Murphy
UTF_8 Encoded
Friend of fedoraproject.org
--
users mailing list
users@lists.fedoraproject.org
To unsubscribe or change subscription options:
https://admin.fedoraproject.org/mailman/listinfo/users
Guidelines: http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Mailing_list_guidelines
 
Old 06-17-2011, 10:24 AM
Rahul Sundaram
 
Default Java Gnome 3 maximized window mouse bugs

On 06/17/2011 03:48 PM, Frank Murphy wrote:
>> On 06/17/2011 02:17 AM, Ricardo Veguilla wrote:
>>> Hi, I've found two bugs related to mouse selection on java swing
>>> applications running maximized on gnome3,
> Are the "swing apps" Fedora supplied or from the web?

If you want to reply to the OP, just do that directly. Replying to my
mail, removing my answer and not removing my name, makes it looks like
I asked the question. You are misquoting. Don't do that

Rahul

--
users mailing list
users@lists.fedoraproject.org
To unsubscribe or change subscription options:
https://admin.fedoraproject.org/mailman/listinfo/users
Guidelines: http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Mailing_list_guidelines
 
Old 06-17-2011, 10:30 AM
Frank Murphy
 
Default Java Gnome 3 maximized window mouse bugs

On 17/06/11 11:24, Rahul Sundaram wrote:
> On 06/17/2011 03:48 PM, Frank Murphy wrote:
>>> On 06/17/2011 02:17 AM, Ricardo Veguilla wrote:
>>>> Hi, I've found two bugs related to mouse selection on java swing
>>>> applications running maximized on gnome3,
>> Are the "swing apps" Fedora supplied or from the web?
>
> If you want to reply to the OP, just do that directly. Replying to my
> mail, removing my answer and not removing my name, makes it looks like
> I asked the question. You are misquoting. Don't do that
>
> Rahul
>

That was a slip, not my normal behaviour.
Forgot the thread place.


--
Regards,

Frank Murphy
UTF_8 Encoded
Friend of fedoraproject.org
--
users mailing list
users@lists.fedoraproject.org
To unsubscribe or change subscription options:
https://admin.fedoraproject.org/mailman/listinfo/users
Guidelines: http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Mailing_list_guidelines

Fri Jun 17 14:30:01 2011
Return-path: <devel-bounces@lists.fedoraproject.org>
Envelope-to: tom@linux-archive.org
Delivery-date: Fri, 17 Jun 2011 13:31:44 +0300
Received: from bastion02.fedoraproject.org ([209.132.181.3]:40037 helo=bastion.fedoraproject.org)
by s2.java-tips.org with esmtp (Exim 4.69)
(envelope-from <devel-bounces@lists.fedoraproject.org>)
id 1QXWL1-00070R-OI
for tom@linux-archive.org; Fri, 17 Jun 2011 13:31:43 +0300
Received: from lists.fedoraproject.org (collab1.vpn.fedoraproject.org [192.168.1.21])
by bastion02.phx2.fedoraproject.org (Postfix) with ESMTP id 4EE63110AC0;
Fri, 17 Jun 2011 10:33:24 +0000 (UTC)
Received: from collab1.fedoraproject.org (localhost.localdomain [127.0.0.1])
by lists.fedoraproject.org (Postfix) with ESMTP id BA5E6326792;
Fri, 17 Jun 2011 10:33:23 +0000 (UTC)
X-Original-To: devel@lists.fedoraproject.org
Delivered-To: devel@lists.fedoraproject.org
Received: from smtp-mm03.fedoraproject.org (vm4.fedora.ibiblio.org
[152.19.134.143])
by lists.fedoraproject.org (Postfix) with ESMTP id 69408326783
for <devel@lists.fedoraproject.org>;
Fri, 17 Jun 2011 10:33:22 +0000 (UTC)
Received: from smtp510.mail.kks.yahoo.co.jp (smtp510.mail.kks.yahoo.co.jp
[114.111.99.159])
by smtp-mm03.fedoraproject.org (Postfix) with SMTP id 8245C37D77
for <devel@lists.fedoraproject.org>;
Fri, 17 Jun 2011 10:33:21 +0000 (UTC)
Received: (qmail 31172 invoked by alias); 17 Jun 2011 10:33:19 -0000
Received: from unknown (HELO ?192.168.1.12?) (supergiantpotato@111.168.155.120
with plain)
by smtp510.mail.kks.yahoo.co.jp with SMTP; 17 Jun 2011 10:33:19 -0000
X-Apparently-From: <supergiantpotato@yahoo.co.jp>
Subject: Re: GNOME3 and au revoir WAS: systemd: please stop trying to take
over the world
From: =?UTF-8?Q?=E5=A4=9C=E7=A5=9E_=E5=B2=A9=E7=94=B7?=
<supergiantpotato@yahoo.co.jp>
To: devel@lists.fedoraproject.org
In-Reply-To: <4DFB2A86.7070000@gmail.com>
References: <004701cc2a20$4be79510$e3b6bf30$@wejdmark.se>
<1308275949.1687.13.camel@adam> <itf4sb$k0f$1@dough.gmane.org>
<4DFB1AE5.2050106@freenet.de> <4DFB2015.7040204@redhat.com>
<004a01cc2cd4$f92ebb20$eb8c3160$@wejdmark.se> <4DFB2965.9040102@redhat.com>
<004f01cc2cd8$3146e6b0$93d4b410$@wejdmark.se>
<4DFB2A86.7070000@gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 17 Jun 2011 19:33:18 +0900
Message-ID: <1308306798.29123.64.camel@ika.shinden.murasaki>
Mime-Version: 1.0
X-Mailer: Evolution 2.32.2 (2.32.2-1.fc14)
X-BeenThere: devel@lists.fedoraproject.org
X-Mailman-Version: 2.1.9
Precedence: list
Reply-To: Development discussions related to Fedora
<devel@lists.fedoraproject.org>
List-Id: Development discussions related to Fedora
<devel.lists.fedoraproject.org>
List-Unsubscribe: <https://admin.fedoraproject.org/mailman/listinfo/devel>,
<mailto:devel-request@lists.fedoraproject.org?subject=unsubscrib e>
List-Archive: <http://lists.fedoraproject.org/pipermail/devel>
List-Post: <mailto:devel@lists.fedoraproject.org>
List-Help: <mailto:devel-request@lists.fedoraproject.org?subject=help>
List-Subscribe: <https://admin.fedoraproject.org/mailman/listinfo/devel>,
<mailto:devel-request@lists.fedoraproject.org?subject=subscribe>
Content-Type: text/plain; charset="us-ascii"
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
Sender: devel-bounces@lists.fedoraproject.org
Errors-To: devel-bounces@lists.fedoraproject.org

On Fri, 2011-06-17 at 15:50 +0530, Rahul Sundaram wrote:
> On 06/17/2011 03:50 PM, Henrik Wejdmark wrote:
> > On my desktop it's not on "one" page, it's a mile long listing so you get no
> > overview at all. In Gnome2 at least all the apps are categorized. If the
> > graphical user interface _requires_ you to use the keyboard to type the
> > command it has failed it's task and we might as well go back to bash.
>
> GNOME 3 menu has categories in the right as well but in any case, the
> common apps are in the dash and using a keyboard with a search as you
> type interface isn't the same as using bash. Let us not be dramatic.
>
> Rahul

Considering the frequent calls of "Gnome 3 has failed at its task" or
the "GUI has failed if the user must ____" makes me wonder: Where is the
task definition or specification against which the implementation has
failed?

"Doesn't live up to my expectation" is very different from "Doesn't
comply with spec" and both are different from "Is a bad design".

--
devel mailing list
devel@lists.fedoraproject.org
https://admin.fedoraproject.org/mailman/listinfo/devel
 
Old 06-17-2011, 03:48 PM
Ricardo Veguilla
 
Default Java Gnome 3 maximized window mouse bugs

The apps are from the web.

On Fri, Jun 17, 2011 at 6:18 AM, Frank Murphy <frankly3d@gmail.com> wrote:
> On 17/06/11 11:10, Rahul Sundaram wrote:
>> On 06/17/2011 02:17 AM, Ricardo Veguilla wrote:
>>> Hi, I've found two bugs related to mouse selection on java swing
>>> applications running maximized on gnome3,
>
> Are the "swing apps" Fedora supplied or from the web?
>
>
> --
> Regards,
>
> Frank Murphy
> UTF_8 Encoded
> Friend of fedoraproject.org
> --
> users mailing list
> users@lists.fedoraproject.org
> To unsubscribe or change subscription options:
> https://admin.fedoraproject.org/mailman/listinfo/users
> Guidelines: http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Mailing_list_guidelines
>



--
Ricardo Veguilla González
veguilla@gmail.com
--
users mailing list
users@lists.fedoraproject.org
To unsubscribe or change subscription options:
https://admin.fedoraproject.org/mailman/listinfo/users
Guidelines: http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Mailing_list_guidelines
 
Old 06-17-2011, 04:02 PM
Frank Murphy
 
Default Java Gnome 3 maximized window mouse bugs

On 17/06/11 16:48, Ricardo Veguilla wrote:
> The apps are from the web.

If you have access to the sources,
check the *.java files.
make sure you have all the classes required.

--
Regards,

Frank Murphy
UTF_8 Encoded
Friend of fedoraproject.org
--
users mailing list
users@lists.fedoraproject.org
To unsubscribe or change subscription options:
https://admin.fedoraproject.org/mailman/listinfo/users
Guidelines: http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Mailing_list_guidelines
 
Old 06-17-2011, 05:18 PM
Ricardo Veguilla
 
Default Java Gnome 3 maximized window mouse bugs

On Fri, Jun 17, 2011 at 12:02 PM, Frank Murphy <frankly3d@gmail.com> wrote:
> On 17/06/11 16:48, Ricardo Veguilla wrote:
>> The apps are from the web.
>
> If you have access to the sources,
> check the *.java files.
> make sure you have all the classes required.
>

Hmm, I don't see how that might help. The bug is not related to the
apps, the apps are using swing. The bug is related to the swing
implementation on X-windows, which probably does not like how
gnome3/gtk3 handles windows.



--
Ricardo Veguilla González
veguilla@gmail.com
--
users mailing list
users@lists.fedoraproject.org
To unsubscribe or change subscription options:
https://admin.fedoraproject.org/mailman/listinfo/users
Guidelines: http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Mailing_list_guidelines
 
Old 06-17-2011, 07:03 PM
Frank Murphy
 
Default Java Gnome 3 maximized window mouse bugs

On 17/06/11 18:18, Ricardo Veguilla wrote:
> On Fri, Jun 17, 2011 at 12:02 PM, Frank Murphy<frankly3d@gmail.com> wrote:
>> On 17/06/11 16:48, Ricardo Veguilla wrote:
>>> The apps are from the web.
>>
>> If you have access to the sources,
>> check the *.java files.
>> make sure you have all the classes required.
>>
>
> Hmm, I don't see how that might help. The bug is not related to the
> apps, the apps are using swing.

Doesn't mean they're perfect.

The bug is related to the swing
> implementation on X-windows,

openjdk should handle swing.

which probably does not like how
> gnome3/gtk3 handles windows.


As you know swing is not perfect,
just overlaid on awt. (despite import javax.Swing)
and it may be that you need Oracles JDk,
to get all the classes you need,
have you checked the same apps on a Win Box?



--
Regards,

Frank Murphy
UTF_8 Encoded
Friend of fedoraproject.org
--
users mailing list
users@lists.fedoraproject.org
To unsubscribe or change subscription options:
https://admin.fedoraproject.org/mailman/listinfo/users
Guidelines: http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Mailing_list_guidelines
 
Old 06-17-2011, 07:44 PM
Derek Tracy
 
Default Java Gnome 3 maximized window mouse bugs

On Fri, Jun 17, 2011 at 3:03 PM, Frank Murphy <frankly3d@gmail.com> wrote:

On 17/06/11 18:18, Ricardo Veguilla wrote:

> On Fri, Jun 17, 2011 at 12:02 PM, Frank Murphy<frankly3d@gmail.com> *wrote:

>> On 17/06/11 16:48, Ricardo Veguilla wrote:

>>> The apps are from the web.

>>

>> If you have access to the sources,

>> check the *.java files.

>> make sure you have all the classes required.

>>

>

> Hmm, I don't see how that might help. The bug is not related to the

> apps, the apps are using swing.



Doesn't mean they're perfect.



*The bug is related to the swing

> implementation on X-windows,



openjdk should handle swing.



*which probably does not like how

> gnome3/gtk3 handles windows.





As you know swing is not perfect,

just overlaid on awt. (despite import javax.Swing)

and it may be that you need Oracles JDk,

to get all the classes you need,

have you checked the same apps on a Win Box?





I can confirm that both OpenJDK and OracleJDK display the same behavior.* I noticed this a week or so ago running my companies graphical Java ELT.
The application runs fine on Fedora 14 and Windows, it just doesn't seem to like gnome-shell.




-Derek

--
users mailing list
users@lists.fedoraproject.org
To unsubscribe or change subscription options:
https://admin.fedoraproject.org/mailman/listinfo/users
Guidelines: http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Mailing_list_guidelines
 

Thread Tools




All times are GMT. The time now is 06:58 AM.

VBulletin, Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO ©2007, Crawlability, Inc.
Copyright ©2007 - 2008, www.linux-archive.org