Old 06-16-2011, 10:39 AM
Ed Greshko

Default dkms not rebuilding modules?

Hi,

I've got VirtualBox installed as well as dkms. If I remember correctly,
the vbox modules should get rebuilt and placed in /lib/modules/`uname
-r`/misc.

A new kernel was just installed and the modules were not rebuilt.

Everything seems to be in place....

The directory /var/lib/dkms/vboxhost/4.0.8 exists and a link exists
pointing source to /usr/src/vboxhost-4.0.8

I get....

[egreshko@meimei tmp]$ systemctl status dkms_autoinstaller.service
dkms_autoinstaller.service - LSB: Automatically install DKMS modules for
new kernels
Loaded: loaded (/etc/rc.d/init.d/dkms_autoinstaller)
Active: active (exited) since Thu, 16 Jun 2011 18:25:53 +0800;
4min 0s ago
Process: 868 ExecStart=/etc/rc.d/init.d/dkms_autoinstaller
start (code=exited, status=0/SUCCESS)
CGroup: name=systemd:/system/dkms_autoinstaller.service

But there are 3 zero length files in /tmp

-rw-------. 1 root root 0 Jun 16 18:24 dkms.BpuVpiMb
-rw-------. 1 root root 0 Jun 16 18:25 dkms.camTNZhJ
-rw-------. 1 root root 0 Jun 16 18:22 dkms.yVmeBoeZ

Does anyone have an idea how to trace where the problem lies?

Thanks,
Ed

Old 06-16-2011, 10:46 AM
Ed Greshko

On 06/16/2011 06:39 PM, Ed Greshko wrote:
> I've got VirtualBox installed as well as dkms. If I remember correctly,
> the vbox modules should get rebuilt and placed in /lib/modules/`uname
> -r`/misc.

Sorry, I meant /`uname-r`/extra