FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
» Video Reviews

» Linux Archive

Linux-archive is a website aiming to archive linux email lists and to make them easily accessible for linux users/developers.


» Sponsor

» Partners

» Sponsor

Go Back   Linux Archive > Redhat > Fedora User

 
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
 
Old 06-15-2011, 04:37 AM
nomnex
 
Default Saving Youtube Videos in Fedora

On Wed, 15 Jun 2011 00:26:57 -0400
james tate <binarynut@comcast.net> wrote:

> Where are they being temp. downloaded to in Fedora now ?

What version? it is still there in F13 LXDE. Do you know this script:
http://rg3.github.com/youtube-dl/

--
nomnex <nomnex@gmail.com>
--
users mailing list
users@lists.fedoraproject.org
To unsubscribe or change subscription options:
https://admin.fedoraproject.org/mailman/listinfo/users
Guidelines: http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Mailing_list_guidelines
 
Old 06-15-2011, 04:39 AM
Andras Simon
 
Default Saving Youtube Videos in Fedora

On 6/15/11, james tate <binarynut@comcast.net> wrote:
> At one time Youtube videos were being temp. downloaded while playing to
> the /tmp directory where you could save from, but now it seems that is
> no longer the case.
>
> Where are they being temp. downloaded to in Fedora now ?

No idea, but if you want to save them and you're using Firefox, try this:

http://www.downloadhelper.net/

Andras
--
users mailing list
users@lists.fedoraproject.org
To unsubscribe or change subscription options:
https://admin.fedoraproject.org/mailman/listinfo/users
Guidelines: http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Mailing_list_guidelines
 
Old 06-15-2011, 05:29 AM
Suvayu Ali
 
Default Saving Youtube Videos in Fedora

On Wed, 15 Jun 2011 00:26:57 -0400
james tate <binarynut@comcast.net> wrote:

> At one time Youtube videos were being temp. downloaded while playing
> to the /tmp directory where you could save from, but now it seems
> that is no longer the case.
>
> Where are they being temp. downloaded to in Fedora now ?

Two solutions:

1. # yum install youtube-dl
2. I use this shell function sometimes: (beware of word wrapping)

function play_flash()
{
for idx in $(pgrep -u $USER -f 'flashplayer.so'); do
echo "Browser:" $(egrep 'Name:' /proc/${idx}/status| cut -f 2) "PID:" $idx
echo -n " FDs:"
for fd in $(lsof -p $idx|egrep '/tmp/Flash'|egrep -o -E '<[0-9]+[a-z]>'| tr -d 'a-z'); do
echo -n " $fd"
done
echo
echo
done

echo "Select browser (by PID) and file descriptor (space separated)"
read -p ': ' PID FD
echo
[ ! -z ${PID} ] && mplayer -ontop $@ /proc/${PID}/fd/${FD}
}

GL

--
Suvayu

Open source is the future. It sets us free.
--
users mailing list
users@lists.fedoraproject.org
To unsubscribe or change subscription options:
https://admin.fedoraproject.org/mailman/listinfo/users
Guidelines: http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Mailing_list_guidelines
 
Old 06-15-2011, 12:15 PM
Patrick O'Callaghan
 
Default Saving Youtube Videos in Fedora

On Wed, 2011-06-15 at 13:37 +0900, nomnex wrote:
> On Wed, 15 Jun 2011 00:26:57 -0400
> james tate <binarynut@comcast.net> wrote:
>
> > Where are they being temp. downloaded to in Fedora now ?
>
> What version? it is still there in F13 LXDE. Do you know this script:
> http://rg3.github.com/youtube-dl/

Note that youtube-dl is in the Fedora repo:

# yum install youtube-dl

poc

--
users mailing list
users@lists.fedoraproject.org
To unsubscribe or change subscription options:
https://admin.fedoraproject.org/mailman/listinfo/users
Guidelines: http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Mailing_list_guidelines
 
Old 06-15-2011, 12:37 PM
Zoltan Hoppar
 
Default Saving Youtube Videos in Fedora

Hi,

If someone builds this simple gtk app:
http://trizen.googlecode.com/files/gtk-youtube-viewer

Then many problems will be solved...

Z

2011/6/15 Patrick O'Callaghan <pocallaghan@gmail.com>:
> On Wed, 2011-06-15 at 13:37 +0900, nomnex wrote:
>> On Wed, 15 Jun 2011 00:26:57 -0400
>> james tate <binarynut@comcast.net> wrote:
>>
>> > Where are they being temp. downloaded to in Fedora now ?
>>
>> What version? it is still there in F13 LXDE. Do you know this script:
>> http://rg3.github.com/youtube-dl/
>
> Note that youtube-dl is in the Fedora repo:
>
> # yum install youtube-dl
>
> poc
>
> --
> users mailing list
> users@lists.fedoraproject.org
> To unsubscribe or change subscription options:
> https://admin.fedoraproject.org/mailman/listinfo/users
> Guidelines: http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Mailing_list_guidelines
>



--
PGP:* 06853DF7
--
users mailing list
users@lists.fedoraproject.org
To unsubscribe or change subscription options:
https://admin.fedoraproject.org/mailman/listinfo/users
Guidelines: http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Mailing_list_guidelines
 
Old 06-15-2011, 12:37 PM
Zoltan Hoppar
 
Default Saving Youtube Videos in Fedora

Hi,

If someone builds this simple gtk app:
http://trizen.googlecode.com/files/gtk-youtube-viewer

Then many problems will be solved...

Z

2011/6/15 Patrick O'Callaghan <pocallaghan@gmail.com>:
> On Wed, 2011-06-15 at 13:37 +0900, nomnex wrote:
>> On Wed, 15 Jun 2011 00:26:57 -0400
>> james tate <binarynut@comcast.net> wrote:
>>
>> > Where are they being temp. downloaded to in Fedora now ?
>>
>> What version? it is still there in F13 LXDE. Do you know this script:
>> http://rg3.github.com/youtube-dl/
>
> Note that youtube-dl is in the Fedora repo:
>
> # yum install youtube-dl
>
> poc
>
> --
> users mailing list
> users@lists.fedoraproject.org
> To unsubscribe or change subscription options:
> https://admin.fedoraproject.org/mailman/listinfo/users
> Guidelines: http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Mailing_list_guidelines
>



--
PGP:* 06853DF7
--
users mailing list
users@lists.fedoraproject.org
To unsubscribe or change subscription options:
https://admin.fedoraproject.org/mailman/listinfo/users
Guidelines: http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Mailing_list_guidelines
 
Old 06-15-2011, 01:19 PM
Tim
 
Default Saving Youtube Videos in Fedora

On Wed, 2011-06-15 at 00:26 -0400, james tate wrote:
> Where are they being temp. downloaded to in Fedora now ?

Same place, but they're being (almost) instantly deleted. The player
that's supposed to handle them has read the file before it was deleted,
so it still exists, as far as it's concerned.

I'm wondering if this new technique is going to worsen the number of
unplayable streaming media that I find on websites, that plays about two
seconds and then quits, no matter how many times you try to reload it.
I find the ogg files on Wikipedia are doing this, now.

--
[tim@localhost ~]$ uname -r
2.6.27.25-78.2.56.fc9.i686

Don't send private replies to my address, the mailbox is ignored. I
read messages from the public lists.



--
users mailing list
users@lists.fedoraproject.org
To unsubscribe or change subscription options:
https://admin.fedoraproject.org/mailman/listinfo/users
Guidelines: http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Mailing_list_guidelines
 
Old 06-15-2011, 05:32 PM
Petrus de Calguarium
 
Default Saving Youtube Videos in Fedora

Suvayu Ali wrote:

> On Wed, 15 Jun 2011 00:26:57 -0400
> james tate <binarynut@comcast.net> wrote:
>
>> At one time Youtube videos were being temp. downloaded while playing
>> to the /tmp directory where you could save from, but now it seems
>> that is no longer the case.
>>
>> Where are they being temp. downloaded to in Fedora now ?
>
> Two solutions:
>
> 1. # yum install youtube-dl
> 2. I use this shell function sometimes: (beware of word wrapping)
>
> function play_flash()
> {
> for idx in $(pgrep -u $USER -f 'flashplayer.so'); do
> echo "Browser:" $(egrep 'Name:' /proc/${idx}/status| cut -f 2) "PID:" $idx
> echo -n " FDs:"
> for fd in $(lsof -p $idx|egrep '/tmp/Flash'|egrep -o -E '<[0-9]+[a-z]>'|
> tr -d 'a-z'); do
> echo -n " $fd"
> done
> echo
> echo
> done
>
> echo "Select browser (by PID) and file descriptor (space separated)"
> read -p ': ' PID FD
> echo
> [ ! -z ${PID} ] && mplayer -ontop $@ /proc/${PID}/fd/${FD}
> }
>
> GL
>

I have been using your old version for months now, since we last conversed on
this subject, and it is the best!!!

I had a little problem, however, as I use flash with nspluginwrapper, so
grepping on libflashplayer.so didn't quite work.

I had to kind of dissect your code, as I don't know how to write such a
complex script, and this is what I use at present...

*

To save flash videos currently displayed in Firefox, get the pid of the flash
plugin (and nspluginwrapper, if being used) and the file descriptors for the
flash files.

Without nspluginwraper:

ps -fu yourlogin | egrep 'libflashplayer.so'

With nspluginwrapper:

ps -fu yourlogin | egrep 'libflashplayer.so' | egrep 'npviewer.bin'

Navigate to:

/proc/<pid_from_above>/fd

Copy the deleted /tmp/Flash* files:

cp <links_to_deleted_files> ~/Documents/tmp/


--
users mailing list
users@lists.fedoraproject.org
To unsubscribe or change subscription options:
https://admin.fedoraproject.org/mailman/listinfo/users
Guidelines: http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Mailing_list_guidelines
 
Old 06-15-2011, 05:37 PM
Petrus de Calguarium
 
Default Saving Youtube Videos in Fedora

Actually, I modified it a bit more, as I couldn't quite get it to do the whole
download, so I put this in my .bashrc

function fid () { echo $( ps -fu peter | egrep 'libflashplayer.so' | egrep
'npviewer.bin' | egrep -om 1 -E '<[0-9]+>' | head -1 ) ; }

All I do is type fid to get the flash id and then I go to /proc/<flash id
number>/fd and copy the deleted files.

As I had said, it was the interaction with nspluginwrapper that caused your
initial script to fail for me, and I had to make these crude adjustments.


--
users mailing list
users@lists.fedoraproject.org
To unsubscribe or change subscription options:
https://admin.fedoraproject.org/mailman/listinfo/users
Guidelines: http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Mailing_list_guidelines
 

Thread Tools




All times are GMT. The time now is 09:52 PM.

VBulletin, Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO ©2007, Crawlability, Inc.
Copyright 2007 - 2008, www.linux-archive.org