Old 06-15-2011, 03:15 AM
Kam Leo

Default fedora 12 and no GUI

On Tue, Jun 14, 2011 at 3:11 PM, gary clark <burslem2001@yahoo.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> There is no gdm file or gdm-password file in this /etc/pam.d directory?

My installations have moved beyond F12 so I don't have an unaltered
system to help you troubleshoot your problem. However, if you do an
internet search for "root login fedora 12" you will find more than
one reference to that file. Here's one link:
http://www.my-guides.net/en/content/view/174/26/2/13/

By the way, what are you using for a desktop manager? I'm assuming
the default: GDM, not KDE.

Old 06-15-2011, 04:01 PM
gary clark

The problem was lack of RAM I only has 256 increased to 1G and all is good.