Old 06-14-2011, 03:41 PM
Christopher Svanefalk

Default Fedora and graphics tablets

On 06/14/2011 04:38 PM, Alan Cox wrote:
> On Tue, 14 Jun 2011 16:01:34 +0200
> Christopher Svanefalk <christopher.svanefalk@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> Hey guys,
>>
>> I was wondering if anyone has any experience with using graphics tablets
>> in Fedora?? How is the hardware support? What programs do you use them
>> in and how well does it work? I use Fedora 14 myself, and do quite a lot
>> of sketching, so I am considering buying one.
>>
>> Note that I am primarily referring to external tablets, but if anyone
>> has used an actual touchscreen laptop with Fedora, I would be happy to
>> hear from you guys as well.
> The best place to ask is the various gimp related lists and documentation.
> Gimp has some very good support for drawing tablets.
>
> Alan
Right, thanks Alan!

Old 06-14-2011, 03:41 PM
Christopher Svanefalk

On 06/14/2011 04:38 PM, Alan Cox wrote:
> On Tue, 14 Jun 2011 16:01:34 +0200
> Christopher Svanefalk <christopher.svanefalk@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> Hey guys,
>>
>> I was wondering if anyone has any experience with using graphics tablets
>> in Fedora?? How is the hardware support? What programs do you use them
>> in and how well does it work? I use Fedora 14 myself, and do quite a lot
>> of sketching, so I am considering buying one.
>>
>> Note that I am primarily referring to external tablets, but if anyone
>> has used an actual touchscreen laptop with Fedora, I would be happy to
>> hear from you guys as well.
> The best place to ask is the various gimp related lists and documentation.
> Gimp has some very good support for drawing tablets.
>
> Alan
Right, thanks Alan!

Old 06-14-2011, 03:46 PM
Mike Williams

On Tue, Jun 14, 2011 at 10:01 AM, Christopher Svanefalk
<christopher.svanefalk@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hey guys,
>
> I was wondering if anyone has any experience with using graphics tablets
> in Fedora?? How is the hardware support? What programs do you use them
> in and how well does it work?

A friend of mine who is an artist has been using a wacom tablet with
gimp for quite a while, he likes it.

You may also want to check the wacom list for opinions on current
models, what my friend is using is pretty old.

Mike

Old 06-14-2011, 03:46 PM
Mike Williams