Old 06-14-2011, 02:01 PM
Christopher Svanefalk

Default Fedora and graphics tablets

Hey guys,

I was wondering if anyone has any experience with using graphics tablets
in Fedora?? How is the hardware support? What programs do you use them
in and how well does it work? I use Fedora 14 myself, and do quite a lot
of sketching, so I am considering buying one.

Note that I am primarily referring to external tablets, but if anyone
has used an actual touchscreen laptop with Fedora, I would be happy to
hear from you guys as well.

Regards,

Chris

Old 06-14-2011, 02:38 PM
Alan Cox

On Tue, 14 Jun 2011 16:01:34 +0200
Christopher Svanefalk <christopher.svanefalk@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hey guys,
>
> I was wondering if anyone has any experience with using graphics tablets
> in Fedora?? How is the hardware support? What programs do you use them
> in and how well does it work? I use Fedora 14 myself, and do quite a lot
> of sketching, so I am considering buying one.
>
> Note that I am primarily referring to external tablets, but if anyone
> has used an actual touchscreen laptop with Fedora, I would be happy to
> hear from you guys as well.

The best place to ask is the various gimp related lists and documentation.
Gimp has some very good support for drawing tablets.

Alan