Old 06-13-2011, 06:24 PM
Timothy Murphy

Default Fedora 15 Doesn't started

Navdeep Singh Sidhu wrote:

> so the main problem is when i boot fedora 15 it doesn't show any screen.

It's not clear (to me, at least) precisely what you mean.
Does the grub screen come up, and you choose Fedora-15,
and then it goes wrong?
Or does nothing at all come up on the screen?

In any case, if it were me I'd download and burn a Fedora Live CD,
and see if that worked.

If that didn't work, I'd download and burn a Knoppix CD,
and look at the setup with that, in particular /boot/grub/grub.conf
(if nothing ever appears on the screen).

--
Timothy Murphy
e-mail: gayleard /at/ eircom.net

Old 06-13-2011, 07:54 PM
fedora

Is possibly the boot manager not correctly installed? Do you get any
boot screen with kernel-name?
Otherwise, try to boot from your recovery/installation CD, go into
recover and set up your boot manager.

suomi

Old 06-14-2011, 07:35 AM
Navdeep Singh Sidhu

Dear Frnds,
I have no problem with my Grub, It is fine & working correctly. I have installed Grub & 2 linux distro on my portable hardisk. Both these distros works fine on Hp laptop but not on my latest dell XPS, So i think Fedora 15 doesn't supports latest architecture or latest hardware. May be I have to wait for fedora 16.

Regards
Navdeep Singh

Old 06-14-2011, 10:29 AM
"n2xssvv.g02gfr12930"

On 14/06/11 08:35, Navdeep Singh Sidhu wrote:
> Dear Frnds,
> I have no problem with my Grub, It is fine & working correctly. I have
> installed Grub & 2 linux distro on my portable hardisk. Both these
> distros works fine on Hp laptop but not on my latest dell XPS, So i
> think Fedora 15 doesn't supports latest architecture or latest hardware.
> May be I have to wait for fedora 16.
> Regards
> Navdeep Singh

Sorry to hear that. I've had problems with Fedora 15 installation on my
PC. In my case it appears the kernel drivers for some hardware are
broken. I'll be trying another install from the repos, as the kernel as
since been updated. Although the Fedora 15 Live CD did boot on my
laptop, it reported a non fatal error after 5 minutes use which makes me
somewhat nervous.